Nissan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an 87 d21 hardbody lowered 2" all around about a year ago, 3 days ago i raised it back to stock and when i get on the throttle stears right, brakes stear left not happend till i raised it back up, when lowered it drove fine can anyone help?:confused:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i loosened the rear for power brakeing and the u bolts i used an inpact wrench and double nutted it, when i hit a bup it swervs bad one direction or the other, i thinke it needs an alighnment but i am checking for an easy fix

·
Registered
156 Posts
if it was a solid front axle i'd say it has real bad bump steer. since it don't, i dunno. but it could is probably something similar

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well it is a torsion front end no solid axel but i may need to tighten all of my front end bolts, my friend had a honda accord that was lowered and his stuff all ways loosend up after three weeks or so

·
Registered
156 Posts
i wonder if the bushings might just be worn out from different ride heights or something. especially the ones that extend forward from the lower control arm.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
i talked to some people and they said maybe it ball joints, but i am going wheelin today and ill figure it out theni am going up to norris watershed at about 10 2day me, son, wife and brother in law he has a jeep gc and the thinks that he can go places i cant in a 2wd, you just have to know how to drive

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well the true test happend yesterday. good news and bad. good= nothing fell off or broke. bad=still dont know what the problem is. ill give the truck credit, it went everywhere i tried to put it except one place, up a 50 degree incline, and it made 70% of the way up before sliding back down as ragged uot and beat up as it is, it is a great truck i cant complane

1 - 9 of 9 Posts