Nissan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. A have a problem with my Micra acenta 2011 1.2 automat I can't resolve for a month already. The car starts fine at the morning. After 30 minutes ride which goes fine the gas pedal stops responding gradually until it's completely stalls. I turn the car off and on and it drives for a couple of minutes and then stalls again. No error code and no problem in diagnostics was found. Gas throttle and gas pedal were replaced but the problem wasn't solved

·
Sup Mod keeping the peace
6,772 Posts
It sounds more like the engine is running out of fuel caused by a malfunctioning fuel pump. Probably after the car has run for a while, the fuel pump starts to lose pressure which causes the engine not to respond and gradually stall out.

Tee-in a temporary fuel pressure gauge between the fuel feed hose and the fuel rail. The readings at idle should be around 51 psi. With the fuel pressure gauge still attached, let the car idle until the problem shows up; at that point notice the reading on the pressure gauge; if it drops way down, it points to a bad fuel pump.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts