Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
I just got an 01 Pathfinder and am wondering is the tank 70L? I get between 475 and 500 KM to a tank. Is this good mileage or not? What does everyone else get on a tank?
Thanks

·
Registered
165 Posts
check the manual or just drive it til the low fuel light comes on, then fill up. That will tell you what size the tank is with 3-5L.1996-99 years have 60L tanks. Not sure what options came on the 99-04s

·
Registered
184 Posts
The '01 has a 79L tank. The fuel light comes on *way* before that, around the 60L mark in my '03. Guess they want to make sure you don't get stuck way out in the boonies.

Of course, since the gas serves as a coolant for the fuel pump, I rarely let the fuel get low enough for the fuel light to come on. Most of my fill-ups are 55L or less.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Mileage-wise, I recently did a lot of maintenance work and now get ~600km a tank with 60/40 hwy/city driving. You're not too far off, since your 500km/tank figures were based on a 70L tank, not 79L.

Simple things like changing fluid and filters regularly and maintaining the air pressure in your tires go a long way. Heck, changing my plugs at 120,000km gave me a pretty big boost in mileage, too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts