Nissan Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
a lot depends on the climate. I live in south texas and when it gets hot here the milage drops and there is a significant performance loss due to the hot air. If I remember correctly the new Nissan engines have variable timing and the computer will adjust to your driving habits. If you have a heavy foot naturally the car will get lower milage. If you put one of those stupid wings on the car you will loose milage and top speed, those things are just for looks. Most of the time the manufacturers expect you to shift at 3K. Non of us do this much since the power band doesn't hit good till about 4K. Synthetic oils are a bad idea for the break in of the engine because the seals and most importantly the rings might not seat well.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I get about 18-21 mpg depending on what mood I am in..... I have 6600m on mine using 93 octane and Mobile 1, 5w-30 synthetic. I also shift out on an average 4 1/2k rpms though so that could be part of it.

I do races and brackets on the weekends where i shift out 6k to 6 1/2k and the gas really goes then. Never actually tested it out but you can visibly watch the needle give to gravity!!!!!!

Even though, I couldn't care less about the mileage and I love the fact that there is now a "passenger" vehicle on the market that can kick tail with 5 passengers and the air kickin' going up a mountain in 6th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

btw, I live in the mountains so I'm sure that doesn't help my mileage. The heat and humidity are bad here also.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts