Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Team Serious
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok ,

I did what someone on here told me and checked the ecu reading for any problems.....It came up with nothing... just 5,5 blinks..

Any other ideas what it could be ? I am only getting about 140-60 mi out of my tank...?
Also there is no leakes and the car is a 99

·
bitter old man
1,456 Posts
If the fuel is going through the engine you would have coal-black exhaust from all the soot. If the exhaust isn't black, then you are leaking fuel somewhere. Lastly, you might have a problem with the fuel gauge and/or sender, or the fuel tank is messed up somehow (big honking dent or full of water, that sort of thing).

Are pumping more than 10 gallons at each fill-up? That would pretty much rule out a tank problem.

·
Team Serious
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i fill up at about a little more than a 1/4 and i can only get like 7 or 8 gallons in the badboy...the fumes are not black and I know i have a heavy foot allot but i dont think i should get 10-15 mi per gallon cause of a heavy foot.......

btw is there any way that I can clean out the tank myself..?

·
99 Problems...
331 Posts
some typical things to check may be your oxygen sensor and checking with the dealer on the codes. Are you saying that you do get a Check engine light? if so then there is a way to search for ecu codes but i forgot which forum to search in

try sr20deforum.com and se-r.net
O

·
bitter old man
1,456 Posts
When indicating empty, my tank still has about three gallons. When the low-fuel light burns steady, I still have about two gallons.

If your tank behaves the same, 1/4 should be no more than eight gallons used. That's still only about 20 mpg.

Since your ECU showed 55 (no errors), I would take the car to a dealer and let them hook up the Consult. You still might have a bad O2 sensor.

·
Team Serious
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cool thanks,,,

quick question while we are on the subject...

i never had my needle go low so the light would come on....
but how far down does the needle go ... does it sit on the E
or under it when you are almost empty?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts