Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I was pumping gas the other day, the gas cap hit the ground and rolled under the car. I went to get it and noticed there was gas leaking from what looks like the filler tube and riding it down to almost the gas tank, it stopped leaking as soon as I stopped the pump. My question is could the filler tube have a crack in it or is there a connection between the filler and gas tank? Could the tube be rusted? I can't crawl far enough under the car to see exactly where it's coming from, thanks in advance for any help!

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
There are rubber couplings on both the filler tube and vent tube, and on a car that old, rubber-rot and rust are probably equal possibilities. Better get it up in the air and take a look. Here's the parts diagram so you can see what's there. 17228M and 17226 are both rubber:
:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are rubber couplings on both the filler tube and vent tube, and on a car that old, rubber-rot and rust are probably equal possibilities. Better get it up in the air and take a look. Here's the parts diagram so you can see what's there. 17228M and 17226 are both rubber:
:

View attachment 7458
Thanks, I'm dropping it off at the shop tomorrow and they're going to check it out!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts