Nissan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I experienced an little promblem with my X. I don't know if it is a known promblem by X-Trailer but my gas indicator seem dont be able to reach the top of "F" bar when I did a full of gas ... It reach an half centimeter lower the ''F'' bar ...

Is it normal ???

Cheer,

Jonathan :bs:

·
Registered
172 Posts
Mine has airlocked a few times where the gas nozzle would 'stop' before it was actually full. Perhaps that is happening with yours?
I found that when this happens, putting the gas in slower (or tipping the nozzle) would allow it to fill to the correct 'full' level.
I can usually judge if it is actually full now by the $ amount on the pump.

·
XTRAIL-HOLIC
2,228 Posts
A dealer should have it checked for you as the fuel gauge sender unit could be faulty.

Apparently Nissan knows about this fault as it is happening in other Nissan models as well. My wife's Versa exhibits the same problem.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mine has airlocked a few times where the gas nozzle would 'stop' before it was actually full. Perhaps that is happening with yours?
I found that when this happens, putting the gas in slower (or tipping the nozzle) would allow it to fill to the correct 'full' level.
I can usually judge if it is actually full now by the $ amount on the pump.
I fulled up my X-Trail yesterday, and I tried to putting the gas in slower and succeed to put in 61.03 L. The gas indicator had as gone up a little bit as before, but don't still reach the ''F'' bar ... :(

So I think you Jalal and Derek, you have the truth !!! I will go to my dealer soon for they check the sending unit ... :idhitit:

Thank you my friends & Cheers !!!

Jonathan :fluffy:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey guys,
Same here. Had the unit replaced a year ago before the end of the warranty. Dealer did not seem surprised at all... And Derek is right; it only gets marginally better after the new parts are installed.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey guys,
Same here. Had the unit replaced a year ago before the end of the warranty. Dealer did not seem surprised at all... And Derek is right; it only gets marginally better after the new parts are installed.
Hi Boggarte !!!

Thank you for your advice !!! I'm suppose to go at my dealer next monday to fix it.

Cheers !!! :cool:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I had went to my dealer (Paquet - Nissan Levis, Québec) last Tuesday and the thecnic advisor ask to see my vehicule that I just fulled up before entering the garage.

At the begening he try to cheat me in saying to me that gauge is normal for the X-Trail (like all dealer try to do to save some buck ... :mad:), but he change is mind when he realized that I have many knowledge about the Trail (Thanks for your help) and when I'm give it to him a copy in paper of this Forum Thread. :banhump:

He agreed with me that he have to do the repair, but he said that he don't have the part in stock right now and he must have to ordering it. He tell me that he will call me further when he have the incoming part in this hand for install this part on my vehicule with no cost. He tell me that the part should be arrive next tuesday or next wednesday ...

So, i will keep you inform when the new sender unit will be installed on my X-Trail and then take a new picture of how the gas gauge would have to be when you fulling up your X !!! '' . :cool:

Cheers,

1 - 13 of 13 Posts