Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all, i'm lookin for any advice about my 1990 300zx N/A. I've had my 300zx parked in the garage for 2+ years, but was never planning on going this long without driving it. Still has the same oil/fluids, and gas from when i last drove it (2+ years). has 102,000 miles on it and was wondering if it would be safe to restart the car after charging the battery? Or would it be recommended to change the oil, tranny oil, coolant, sipohen the old gas out and replace with new before i attempt to crank my baby back on? anyone think there would be any risks of having dried out seals, gaskets, etc. that might cause problems at start up? don't want to blow the engine or something if i can help it!

I just want to get it safely started and straight to the mechanic shop to have all fluids and maintenace done immediately. Or would it be better to put it on a trailer and into the shop for maintenance BEFORE i try to even start? any advice would be greatly appreciated, as i'm eager to get back on the road my my Z!

·
Registered
34 Posts
u can start it the way it is now but DONT drive it. just crank it over to see if it starts and if it starts let it run just a min or 2 to see how it idles and so on. the change all fluids

1 - 3 of 3 Posts