Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Just want to ask if the distributor from GA16S (12valve) would fit on GA16DE? Thanks, coz I'm in a process of engine swap. Just wanna make sure so that I won't buy a new one if it is fitted anyway.. Thanks! 馃槉

NF Mod/Nissan Master Tech
2006 Pathfinder LE, 2003 Frontier SVE
Good question! I'm not sure how they are in your country. In the US, we don't have the carberated GA16S, rather we have the GA16i (throttle body injection). We used the same distributor on the GA16i as on the GA16DE up through 1994, which had an external ignition coil. It changed in 1995 to an internal ignition coil when the B14 Sentra came out. I would think the GA16S and GA16i would have the same distributor EXCEPT if the GA16S has a vacuum advance distributor, which would obviously be different. I know that doesn't exactly answer your question, but maybe it'll help some?

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the info that you've shared. Yes it also has vacuum advancer on the GA16s distributor. I appreciate your time sharing your idea. I already figured it out (the hard way) and it came out that they have the same distrubutor, thank goodness it fits to GA16DE. Actually it is an ECCS and I converted it to carb, since engine swapping is a lot of work plus adding some wiring and ECU if I will not convert it to carb. 馃槉 Thanks for your time mate, appreciate it..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts