Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i was looking around for a new tranny for my b12 because it is almost shot. Anyway i remeber that on sentra.net that it says the 88-93 sentras use the same 5 speed manual tranny b12 and b13. Does anybody have a confirmed fit or knowledge about this?

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
89-90 ga16i's and 91-94 ga16de's as far as my knoledge goes, im lookin for one too, damn fifth gear pop out i cant go speedin on the highway anymore, cost too much on gas

·
Soon to be GA16it
444 Posts
I think it will fit without any fuss since blownb310 have a GA16DE with a GA16i tranny. The problem might with using the newer tranny will be the VSS or the vehicle speed sensor in the tranny since the RSF31A trannies for the GA16DE uses electronic signal for speedometer and VTC operation while it is still cable with B12 RSF30A. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

·
Ex-mod/nissan guru
2,136 Posts
91-94 use pinion gear and later electronic speedo... but one can swap the gear from one to another. as for the fitments, ga16de will fit the Ga16i but cant tell the other way around. i guess it wasnt done yet. B12 tranny are RS5F31a, but like the australian got another casing around it, it might be the same here. Same part# but different casing... youll have to check for yourself. or ask blownb310 if he did the inverse

·
Proud owner of a GA16i
508 Posts
Crazy-Mart said:
91-94 use pinion gear and later electronic speedo... but one can swap the gear from one to another. as for the fitments, ga16de will fit the Ga16i but cant tell the other way around.
Yeah, swapping the speedo pinion was a PITA. Beware if your replacement tranny has a digital one, get a junked speedo cable to help pull that bitch out. But yes, the DE tranny will fit on the i

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so would i be safe if i got a tranny from the 91-92? is there any difference between the 91-92 and the 93-94 or are they both electronic speed sensor? i am trying to widen my part search because there is like 2 junkyards down here in killeen and they have mostly camaros and mustangs.

·
Proud owner of a GA16i
508 Posts
Not excatly sure when nissan went from nechanical to digital speedo pinions. Just that if you do get a digital pinion, it is possible to replace it with a mechanical one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts