Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wes. this is a q for you mainly. but if anyone here who is boosting more than 10psi can give me suggestions, i have a 89 sentra turbo as you guys know. well im boosting 15psi but when i boost to 20 the rear mount always breaks. what did you do to prevent this? could it be my clutch im using 4 puck unsprung clutch and its made by clutchmaster? let me know what i can do.

·
Registered
74 Posts
The clutch might be the problem if your having improper shifts(I'm assuming you don't), but now that your making more power that excessive motor movement is causing stress to your motor and tranny mounts. My suggestion is to rig up somer kind of engine damper to help ease the motion in your engine bay( and your clutch does seem a little too much all you need is to replace that crappy piece of OEM sand-paper with a stage1 or stage 2 clutch) just my 2 cents worth. hope this helps.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the thing is when i put in the stage one disc it breaks out the torssion springs. thats why i use unsprung. i found a resolution to my problem though. thanx. it has to do with chains and hooks!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D

·
Registered
104 Posts
what you mean you break the torsion springs in the stage 1, too much power traveling through the transmission. see i am going to have a fast car oneday lol, but i am needing to replace my clutch soon, would stage two be a good bet?

·
800+ posts
822 Posts
Are you talking about the dogbone mount, or the actual transmission/engine mount? If you are speaking of the former, why not just get rid of the rubber one, and instead have an insert made of steel or aluminium that will hold everything in place but won't break. The lower engine mount should be able to displace most of the vibrations; if not, just drill a series of holes throughout the rubber and fill with prothane.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts