Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 200 sx se and i really like but I would like a sr20de but my dad say I cannot do the swap soI think I will got with a turbo does anyone knows anyone else that has that has a ga16det or know s a good size and affordable or possibly a bolt on turbo for my car I ve only heard but I know there has to be someone that knows

·
Nissan Freak
462 Posts
yep just get the hot shot turbo and u will be haulin ass
it should also be easier to install than a whole engine swap
and make sure u also get a high perfrormance clutch cause your clutch will die very soon if you put on the turbo

·
NPM Lead Editor/Webmaster
4,571 Posts
XtremE said:
yep just get the hot shot turbo and u will be haulin ass
it should also be easier to install than a whole engine swap
and make sure u also get a high perfrormance clutch cause your clutch will die very soon if you put on the turbo
I can verify that one... The stock GA16DE clutch couldn't handle anything about 4000 rpm with the new turbo setup... Look for next months dyno results and JWT clutch inststall...

Michael Young

·
Cone Dodger
3,093 Posts
turbo??

just wondering if you have to bother the rear o2 sensor wiring, extending for example, and if you have to relocate the cat and get a performance cat, because i am looking to get a turbo, but still looking around to how intensive and involved it may be......ty

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And about how much would this turbo bolt-on cost? Do I want the answer...? *cringes in fear as he awaits the conclusion* Where can I get one? Will it pass a smog check? Just call me Mr. Questions--or throw tomatoes at me, whichever sounds more entertaining!:p

·
NPM Lead Editor/Webmaster
4,571 Posts
read the articles....lol

eggy said:
And about how much would this turbo bolt-on cost? Do I want the answer...? *cringes in fear as he awaits the conclusion* Where can I get one? Will it pass a smog check? Just call me Mr. Questions--or throw tomatoes at me, whichever sounds more entertaining!:p
A lot of the answers can be found in the Project 200SX articles. As far as price..you'll have to call Hotshot...

Smog is a good question...with about 50 answers.... as in states..

To borrow a quote from Mike K " Do you want to go fast or do you wanna suck?"

·
tiffany was hardcore?
195 Posts
will it pass

will it pass in CA, and NJ the states with the stricktest laws:eek:
if so i want to be the next:D

·
tiffany was hardcore?
195 Posts
sounds good

:cool: ill look into it reason i asked is i might end up in cali
the test where done on a manual tranny what about an auto will it be the same set up ? will it fit ? my anticipation is beggining to hurt?;)

·
Registered
672 Posts
James said:
I don't think that matters... the setup will be the same. Although with the auto you have the advantage of not having the tb close everytime you shift gears...
so if i were to get it in my automatic sentra, i would not need to change anything with the transmission?

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I need that turbo!bolt but will it work with the JWT ECU??

·
tiffany was hardcore?
195 Posts
you might have to send it back to jwt and have them reprogram it

1 - 20 of 68 Posts