·
Have I Hit 12's Yet?
5,325 Posts
167 @ 7psi

bluebird = 185ish @ 7psi

·
i pwn your mom
5,439 Posts
just keep in mind two things... you are comparing a 1.6L design for econo vs a 2.0L which was rated one of the best 4 bangers of all time. then you also have to factor that you are comparing a jdm sr20det vs a USDM ga16. not such a good comparision.

·
i pwn your mom
5,439 Posts
RotaryRyan said:
Dang, the hotshot kit only makes 167 @ 7 psi? That sucks. I was gonna get a hotshot kit(i thought i saw in one thread that hotshot said it maid like 195HP)

Now i dont know if i wanna stay with the 1.6 :rolleyes:
are you crazy, that is 77whp off of 7psi, thats pretty damn good, and thats with the t28 not the t28rs i believe.. correct me if i am wrong notanotherhonda.. those are still great numbers...

·
Have I Hit 12's Yet?
5,325 Posts
you are correct. they are great numbers, but when compared to a sr20det, they get hammered. the availability of aftermarket parts make it SOOOO much cheaper and easier. i know this first hand

·
Have I Hit 12's Yet?
5,325 Posts
then get the det. and while you will spend more up front, it will save you money in the long run. guaranteed

·
Registered
315 Posts
from Hotshot

hello. well, glad to hear about your interest in our turbo
system. if i remember correctly, you've contacted me for some info on
this kit in the past, right? anyhow, couple of things. first off, there
are indeed two different turbo set-ups currently available for the ga16
through hotshot performance. long story short, one revolves around a
standard garrett t28 conventional-bearing turbocharger, and the other
around a garrett gt28rs ball-bearing turbocharger. as for cost, the t28
kit is currently retailing for $3735 (about 180hp to the front wheels @
7 psi), and the gt28rs kit is going for $3999 (about 195hp to the front
wheels at 7 psi). with both of these kits, the ecu upgrade is not
included in the price of the system, since there are a great many
variables/factors revolving around this part (some people already have
the ecu chipped and simply need another program, some don't want to go
through JWT, etc.). anyhow, hope this helps clarify things for you and
your buddies. if you have any further questions for me WHATSOEVER, or
if you'd like to look into ordering of either system, please feel free
to drop me a line at any time. take care.
sergio, HSP.

Are these numbers accurate?

·
Registered
315 Posts
From JGYCustoms:

Hotshot 1.6 Liter Sentra Turbo kit - All you need now is a JWT ECU to run 13 Flat! At first we were skeptical about the GA having quick times with such an affordable kit but as you can see with the time slip, there's a lot of bang for your buck. 1.6L Holla! T28 Turbo, Injectors, Manifold, Front Mount Intercooler Kit, Downpipe - $3150

Does this seems accurate? Sounds like a low time...

·
Destroyer of Engines
561 Posts
RotaryRyan said:
From JGYCustoms:

Hotshot 1.6 Liter Sentra Turbo kit - All you need now is a JWT ECU to run 13 Flat! At first we were skeptical about the GA having quick times with such an affordable kit but as you can see with the time slip, there's a lot of bang for your buck. 1.6L Holla! T28 Turbo, Injectors, Manifold, Front Mount Intercooler Kit, Downpipe - $3150

Does this seems accurate? Sounds like a low time...
That guy had a lot of weight reduction done on his car, he posted more info at sr20forum.com. I haven't seen any published dyno chart with the HS kit with the GT28RS. I have that setup and when I got the turbo from HS the wastegate spring was at 11 psi FWIW. To run that amount of boost you would need to upgrade the MAF, but if you're buying that kit and getting the ECU reprogrammed to use the 370cc injectors, you'd be stupid not to upgrade to a 240sx MAF.

I'm hoping to dyno my car relatively soon, probably in the next few months.

·
Registered
315 Posts
aminidab said:
That guy had a lot of weight reduction done on his car, he posted more info at sr20forum.com. I haven't seen any published dyno chart with the HS kit with the GT28RS. I have that setup and when I got the turbo from HS the wastegate spring was at 11 psi FWIW. To run that amount of boost you would need to upgrade the MAF, but if you're buying that kit and getting the ECU reprogrammed to use the 370cc injectors, you'd be stupid not to upgrade to a 240sx MAF.

I'm hoping to dyno my car relatively soon, probably in the next few months.
Are you happy with the power/speed of the kit? Do you have the g28 or gt28rs turbo?

·
Destroyer of Engines
561 Posts
RotaryRyan said:
Are you happy with the power/speed of the kit? Do you have the g28 or gt28rs turbo?
I have the GT28RS setup, and yes I'm happy with it. I'm running 11-12 PSI daily, the turbo starts building boost at around 1800 RPM and reaches full boost around 4000-4300 RPM.
The sr20 has more potential obviously, but I think it's reasonable to assume you can get 200 whp out of the ga16 with good tuning and a boost controller.
If you want to get a lot more power than that, more than 225-250, than the sr20 would probably be a better option.

·
i pwn your mom
5,439 Posts
rotoraryryan, heres the thing, if you want high hp numbers the sr20det is the way to go... 250whp for the ga is pretty insane and will only get better and wes custom fabs some parts and jwt reconfigs the ecu. but also think like this.. if you want high hp from the sr20det, you have to have parts that can withstand the power, which means you will have to get aftermarket sr parts when you do the swap, like the high power axels. the swap goes for around 5k plus all the hassle of install doin it yourself. most people suggest turboin the ga because easier and more direct. with the hp issue, it will vary on the dyno that is used and the conditions, but not really too much. you also have to remember, those numbers might be a little old since hotshot has made improvements throughout the year and depending which variation of the kit they have.. the person that ran 13's was in a b13 i believe and the car was completely gutted with drag radials.. you will prolly be in the 15's to 16's depending on how well you actually drive.

·
Registered
315 Posts
psuLemon said:
rotoraryryan, heres the thing, if you want high hp numbers the sr20det is the way to go... 250whp for the ga is pretty insane and will only get better and wes custom fabs some parts and jwt reconfigs the ecu. but also think like this.. if you want high hp from the sr20det, you have to have parts that can withstand the power, which means you will have to get aftermarket sr parts when you do the swap, like the high power axels. the swap goes for around 5k plus all the hassle of install doin it yourself. most people suggest turboin the ga because easier and more direct. with the hp issue, it will vary on the dyno that is used and the conditions, but not really too much. you also have to remember, those numbers might be a little old since hotshot has made improvements throughout the year and depending which variation of the kit they have.. the person that ran 13's was in a b13 i believe and the car was completely gutted with drag radials.. you will prolly be in the 15's to 16's depending on how well you actually drive.
Oh i totally understand the HP issues between the GA and SR. Its just so hard to decide which one to go with:D

I am also considering a VE. This guy i know just got one, its awesome! I cant decide between simplicity, or lots-o-power. If i had a sr20de already, i would prolly go with the VVL engine swap, but having the GA means so much more parts are involved:(

·
i pwn your mom
5,439 Posts
just remember, too much power and you will loose all streetability... and with a lot of power, you need a lot of money, keep it simple and turbo it

plus you can use that extra money for other mods like suspension or brakes

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.