Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
B13 GA16DET
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so now that actually my build is begining my honda friends are getting jelous. they are telling me that my little engine will only last 3 months. ( i beg to differ ) so im asking any1 with a GA16DEt please let me know how long your GA has been boosted. thanks

·
Registered
2018 Nissan Pathfinder SL
4,227 Posts
no they have it wrong, a Honda will only last 3 months, they take a lot of money to withstand any kind of boost.
I dont know how long Wes car was boosted, but his got up to 200 WBHP + for i would guess several years.

·
Super Moderator
1,065 Posts
There jealous cause there cars suck and are slow.

·
800+ posts
822 Posts
Mine has been boosted for about 3 months now, and no problems at all. I believe both Wes and Mike Kojima both still have their GAs boosted, but I could be wrong about that. As long as you don't overboost your engine, or try and run extreme amounts of boost (12+ lbs without a proper tune), your GA will hold up fine.

·
Super Moderator
1,065 Posts
Mine has been boosted for about 3 months now, and no problems at all. I believe both Wes and Mike Kojima both still have their GAs boosted, but I could be wrong about that. As long as you don't overboost your engine, or try and run extreme amounts of boost (12+ lbs without a proper tune), your GA will hold up fine.
Wes was selling his car on sr20forum a little bit ago. Dont know if he ever sold it.

·
B13 GA16DET
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
i will start at 10 then go up to 15 and see what happens between them, but im mostly going to to boost 10.
i just hope that at anything above 12psi wont max out my inectors or maf

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
My car has been boosted on a stock bottom end for 4+ years.

I actually had my car sold and decided not to spend the money on the car I was going to upgrade too. The 200 is just too fast on the track and inexpensive to maintain to justify the $40,000 price for the new car....

I am toying with the idea of building a different motor and selling off my entire GA16 setup including motor and tranny. If anyone is interested drop me a PM.

·
who needs clearcoat
239 Posts
I have been boosting 6lbs for a year now no problems. I just started messing with boost. Anything more than 10lbs on a t-20 and I hit fuel cut, so you might wanna keep that in mind.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts