Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For all of those that have turboed their GA16, what type of spark plugs is everyone using and what gap size are your running? A question was brought up to me today in regards to this on a turbo application and I was informed that a lower setting would be better. I am currently running the stock setting and I'm not having any issues but I was wondering if lowering the gap width would make a difference?

Thanks for any responses.

Chef

·
Not Anymore.
5,014 Posts
How much more power are you running over the stock engine?
IIRC for every 50-75 HP you go over stock, it is wise to go with one step colder of a plug. I prefer irridium plugs. When I changed mine from platinum (which were in good condition) to NGK Irridium IX, the idle felt a lot smoother and the car had a much easier time starting.

This is a good site for learning spark plugs
http://sparkplugs.com/sparkplug411.asp?mfid=1

When it comes to gapping
http://sparkplugs.com/faqmain.asp?mfid=1

·
Destroyer of Engines
561 Posts
chef said:
For all of those that have turboed their GA16, what type of spark plugs is everyone using and what gap size are your running? A question was brought up to me today in regards to this on a turbo application and I was informed that a lower setting would be better. I am currently running the stock setting and I'm not having any issues but I was wondering if lowering the gap width would make a difference?

Thanks for any responses.

Chef
I'm running .032 running .035 caused breakup.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for everyone's replies and information. I'm going to play around with different plug settings and see what works good then.

Again thanks

Chef

·