Nissan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
800+ posts
822 Posts
You should be able to use a GA16 one, since it is only a single wire. When blownb310 did his SR20 ecu mod on his GA16DET, he said nothing about changing O2 sensors, so I assume you'd be fine to use the stock one.

·
who needs clearcoat
239 Posts
I still have my stock O2, but I don't have the JWT ECU. But if they say you need it I'm sure there's a reason.

·
B13 GA16DET
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I still have my stock O2, but I don't have the JWT ECU. But if they say you need it I'm sure there's a reason.
some1 on the 1.6 section told me that i should be fine because another 1.6 turbo owner doesnt mention anything about changing o2 sensors but yeah if jwt says then i dunno, what about if i use a wideband o2 sensor?

·
Registered
485 Posts
I just changed mine today and instead of a 60-90 dollar O2 i got the universal 1 wire. 18 bucks and all I had to do was crimp a connector. Was what the guy at oriellys suggested.

·
who needs clearcoat
239 Posts
I believe a wideband o2 sensor is just so you can monitor your air/fuel ratio, it is completely seperate from the o2 system the car uses for engine management....i think.

·
B13 GA16DET
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I believe a wideband o2 sensor is just so you can monitor your air/fuel ratio, it is completely seperate from the o2 system the car uses for engine management....i think.
i'll see what ben at jwt tells me tomorrow. i sent him a pic of a stock sr20 o2 sensor and asked him if i can use it. but the sr o2 sensor has two wires and the stock one has one. where will the second wire go?

·
Registered
485 Posts
Nope NA but if you have a single wire O2 then it wont matter. SIngle wire is a single wire. Just crimp and save.

·
B13 GA16DET
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nope NA but if you have a single wire O2 then it wont matter. SIngle wire is a single wire. Just crimp and save.
yeah one wire to your stock ga16de ecu, i have a sr20 ecu which has 2 wires but i was looking at a wiring diagram for the sr and i only see one wire. " i'lll have to take a look at my friends sr to see how many wires she has.

·
B13 GA16DET
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well here is the official answer.

Ben says...
"Remember that the ECU you are going to use requires a specific type of O2 sensor which is what the hardware and circuitry inside the ECU core was designed for. You must use the type that matches your core. There are two types of sensors. 22mm hex/14mm thread Zirconia style and the 17mm hex/12mm thread Titania style. An aftermarket O2 sensor is ok as long as it meets or exceeds the OEM specs and is the correct type

1 - 16 of 16 Posts