1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Destroyer of Engines
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll post the dyno sheet later tonight, but here's the numbers:

212.2 HP/208.2 Torque

As far as I've seen that puts me at third highest HP for a GA16DE dyno :cheers:

Check out that torque number though, that really suprised me.

·
Powered By hopes & dreams
8,328 Posts
what PSI? that can make a pretty big difference lol ;)

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
aminidab said:

212.2 HP/208.2 Torque

ooh nice.. are you coming to the convention?!

·
Destroyer of Engines
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
chimmike said:
what PSI? that can make a pretty big difference lol ;)
It was ~11 PSI, I made a video of the gauges during the run, I'll update after I get a chance to check it out.

ooh nice.. are you coming to the convention?!
Which one the SE-R convention?

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
aminidab said:

212.2 HP/208.2 Torque

Those are real nic enumbers man, I thought your car would make good power!

What gear did you dyno. in and what kind of dyno. was it?

Also wanna see the chart and look at the curve.

·
Powered By hopes & dreams
8,328 Posts
ya, 200ft-lbs is prolly nasty as snot in your light lil car!

·
Destroyer of Engines
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Here's the dyno chart

Some info about my setup:
HS Turbo Kit, GT28RS turbo, JWT ECU, 370cc injectors/S14 MAF, 3" catback exhaust, Fidanza Flywheel, JWT Stage 1 clutch, UR Pulley, Greddy Profec B Boost Controller
Completely stock engine

Temp was around ~80 degrees and Air/Fuel was using the tail pipe sensor, running in 4th gear.

1st run: 8 degrees timing and about 11-12 PSI. There was a little pinging, but nothing crazy.

2nd run(no chart): 10 degrees timing, same boost... pinging like crazy once it hit full boost so we shut it down torque/power was nearly identical to 8 degrees though

3rd run(no chart): 8 degrees timing, tried upping the boost to 13 PSI, again crazy pinging once it hit full boost, shut it down and didn't see the results

I'm not crazy about the spool up time here, 4500 RPMs... or the pinging but I'm impressed the results. I was hoping to break 200HP and I was really amazed at the torque.

I'm going to see what I can do about the spool up time.. recheck for leaks and tweak the boost controller a little more. I'd really like to get a wastegate with a lower setting ~9 PSI but so far I haven't found one avilable. The one I have is adjustable, but if I set it below where it is now the wastegate is open a little bit.

I have some videos of the gauges during the run(no audio) but they're really hard to see. If I can clean them up I'll post them, but EGTs hit 1600 on the first run.

·
Destroyer of Engines
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the support! It's been a lot of work to get here but a lot of fun too.

chimmike said:
ya, 200ft-lbs is prolly nasty as snot in your light lil car!
It's not slow :p

·
LUCKY SLIDES 2 2/25/06
504 Posts
aminidab said:
Here's the dyno chart

Dyno Chart

Some info about my setup:
HS Turbo Kit, GT28RS turbo, JWT ECU, 370cc injectors/S14 MAF, 3" catback exhaust, Fidanza Flywheel, JWT Stage 1 clutch, UR Pulley, Greddy Profec B Boost Controller
Completely stock engine

Temp was around ~80 degrees and Air/Fuel was using the tail pipe sensor, running in 4th gear.

1st run: 8 degrees timing and about 11-12 PSI. There was a little pinging, but nothing crazy.

2nd run(no chart): 10 degrees timing, same boost... pinging like crazy once it hit full boost so we shut it down torque/power was nearly identical to 8 degrees though

3rd run(no chart): 8 degrees timing, tried upping the boost to 13 PSI, again crazy pinging once it hit full boost, shut it down and didn't see the results

I'm not crazy about the spool up time here, 4500 RPMs... or the pinging but I'm impressed the results. I was hoping to break 200HP and I was really amazed at the torque.

I'm going to see what I can do about the spool up time.. recheck for leaks and tweak the boost controller a little more. I'd really like to get a wastegate with a lower setting ~9 PSI but so far I haven't found one avilable. The one I have is adjustable, but if I set it below where it is now the wastegate is open a little bit.

I have some videos of the gauges during the run(no audio) but they're really hard to see. If I can clean them up I'll post them, but EGTs hit 1600 on the first run.
nice and you said this is on stock internals? how many miles does the motor have on it?

Don

·