Nissan Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to see what cars have 1.6 owners have beaten on the track. don't be shy, post ur wins, and losses if u want to. Or cars that you are surprised that you can hang with..

ga16 mods: cat-back, cold-air, advanced ignition timing,
wins
-crown victoria (police interceptor)
-dx civic 5-speed( exhaust, intake)
-dx civic auto w/ too many mods
-2000 sxt neon 5-speed(exhaust, intake)
-'90 integra ls (exhaust, intake)

-losses
-'98 non turbo supra w/mods (im not quick to back down :) )
-'97 integra ls (intake, exhuast)

·
Powered By hopes & dreams
8,328 Posts
you didn't beat any SXT neon. they have 150hp stock. more whp than you stock, plus their mods, a bit more power than you especially after your mods.

got slips? If you don't have any slips, I'm going to assume you were street racing and close this thread.

·
wont go any faster?
475 Posts
i spanked this geo metro one time... it was horribel j/k
i took my car to the track and they had the power go out and we asked if my and my buddy could race and have some one just flag us
my 200sx 5speed advanced timing thats it
vs. 2003 eclipse dont remember wich model his is its the 4cyl he had injen cai
on street tires he beat me by about a half a car maybe little more. so im workin on it. i think his car puts out abotu 130 stock i dont remember but i think it is the 4g63 dohc

·
Drop-Out
1,892 Posts
I killed a Hyundai Scoupe turbo :thumbup:

Thats how you know Hyundai are pos when its turbo and still losing to a 1.6 sentra

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
chimmike said:
you didn't beat any SXT neon. they have 150hp stock. more whp than you stock, plus their mods, a bit more power than you especially after your mods.

got slips? If you don't have any slips, I'm going to assume you were street racing and close this thread.
sxt's are slow. if u can't beat one, then you don't deserve to have a nissan. the 1.6 motor is a quick motor with modifications. stock, its frustratingly slow but wit a few tweaks here and there it can be a quick car. the 1.6 motor comes with variable valve timing, (v-tec, for you honda worshipers). and its a dual overhead cam. o yea did i mention that our cars weigh less than a honda del sol and only a few more pounds than a hatch. :jawdrop: but shhh.. don't tell anybody. lol so don't doubt the 1.6. you put me head up with an sxt and i will stretch it out by tooo many cars.

·
Powered By hopes & dreams
8,328 Posts
bling, shut up.

v-tec? no. Your GA16 has variable cam timing on the intake cam, it works in steps. It's not fancy, and not anything near as good as VTEC.

the 5speed puts down maybe 90 wheel horsepower stock. Full bolt ons and you're looking at 105whp. SXT Neon is something like 140-150hp. So stock, it'll dyno at least 15whp more than a bolted GA16.

No, it doesn't weigh less than a damn Del Sol or hatch.

so, Bling, stop blowing smoke out ur arse

·
Registered
327 Posts
1.6l 200sx se wieghts 2348lbs.

I can spank my freinds ryans 97 ex civic 5spd with h/cai/e/fuel rail/aem babk every time from a dead stop. and with a highway roll on it depends if he catches me sleppin.

two of my fav wins are a 95 lexus 300 coupe that had dubs and a redneck 86 mustang 5.0 lx that probly had 180k on the od and a leaking exhaust!,
I'm not one to back down either shamful loses include a 96 2500 chevy truck and a 95 supra tt that was off the chain.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
chimmike said:
bling, shut up.

v-tec? no. Your GA16 has variable cam timing on the intake cam, it works in steps. It's not fancy, and not anything near as good as VTEC.

the 5speed puts down maybe 90 wheel horsepower stock. Full bolt ons and you're looking at 105whp. SXT Neon is something like 140-150hp. So stock, it'll dyno at least 15whp more than a bolted GA16.

No, it doesn't weigh less than a damn Del Sol or hatch.

so, Bling, stop blowing smoke out ur arse
1.6 200sx- 2348
del sol vtec- 2522
http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/spec_Exterior.aspx?modelid=1334&trimid=-1&src=VIP&tab=2&sub=3
check for yourself

i didn't say that our cars weigh less than a hatch. I said a hatch isn't much lighter than our cars. think before u speak. i already ran an sxt, and pulled a few cars on him after letting off. if you have mods and can't beat a stock neon sxt than you just can't drive.

·
Banned
3,554 Posts
bling said:
sxt's are slow. if u can't beat one, then you don't deserve to have a nissan. the 1.6 motor is a quick motor with modifications. stock, its frustratingly slow but wit a few tweaks here and there it can be a quick car. the 1.6 motor comes with variable valve timing, (v-tec, for you honda worshipers). and its a dual overhead cam. o yea did i mention that our cars weigh less than a honda del sol and only a few more pounds than a hatch. :jawdrop: but shhh.. don't tell anybody. lol so don't doubt the 1.6. you put me head up with an sxt and i will stretch it out by tooo many cars.
And by the way, you didn't beat a police interceptor neither....

Hmm what's going to win a 1.6 liter hamster powered engine or a Ford 460 big block... Pffftt.

Get some slips and prove yourself, no one believes you.

As for my races at Donaldsonville

Beat a C5 Corvette running at 15 PSI on race gas before my clutch started slipping.

1994 Mustang GT
Hayabusa (braket race)
Ford LTD (it ran a 18.5 lol)

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
♣AsleepZ♣ said:
And by the way, you didn't beat a police interceptor neither....

Hmm what's going to win a 1.6 liter hamster powered engine or a Ford 460 big block... Pffftt.

Get some slips and prove yourself, no one believes you.
r u guys serious!?! maybe i have jdm motor i didn't no about, but my friend has a police intercepter and to the 1/4 mile i will smash him. maybe after my gov kicks he'll walk me, other than that he has no chance. well do u guys believe i beat an infinity j30?

·
Banned
3,554 Posts
shows in your profile that you obviously don't know what kind of engine you have.... "16gade"?

And no I don't believe you've beaten any of them.

Even if you raced a newer crown vic with the 4.6L It still puts out double the horsepower you do. And being an auto there's no messing up for him. He whooped your cars ass.

·