Nissan Forum banner

161 - 180 of 185 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
James said:
Its been done succesfully. I think there is a code you have to input into the AFC unit to show you're using what MAF. I've used one :)
Since I'm kinda new to the Nissan scene I was wondering what a good MAF to use would be, preferably another nissan OEM part....I know the Injectors off of a 300ZXTT are a good upgrade, also wondering if anyone sells an exhaust manifold(engine side) flange alone for a GA16DE? BTW if anyone needs to get a hold of custom turbo setup parts using DSM stuff, go here: Road Race Engineering

·
Registered
36 Posts
James said:
I use the 240sx MAF from a 97 car... A z32 MAF will be about the highest you can go with this engine.

No flanges sold specifically.

What's Road Race Engineering in relation to you?
No relation, just that they sell a lot of cool stuff for DIY turbo projects, especially for DSMs....used to be a partner with a guy who had a DSM performance shop....

·
Registered
306 Posts
from Hotshot

alexander, hello. well, glad to hear about your interest in our turbo
system. if i remember correctly, you've contacted me for some info on
this kit in the past, right? anyhow, couple of things. first off, there
are indeed two different turbo set-ups currently available for the ga16
through hotshot performance. long story short, one revolves around a
standard garrett t28 conventional-bearing turbocharger, and the other
around a garrett gt28rs ball-bearing turbocharger. as for cost, the t28
kit is currently retailing for $3735 (about 180hp to the front wheels @
7 psi), and the gt28rs kit is going for $3999 (about 195hp to the front
wheels at 7 psi). with both of these kits, the ecu upgrade is not
included in the price of the system, since there are a great many
variables/factors revolving around this part (some people already have
the ecu chipped and simply need another program, some don't want to go
through JWT, etc.). anyhow, hope this helps clarify things for you and
your buddies. if you have any further questions for me WHATSOEVER, or
if you'd like to look into ordering of either system, please feel free
to drop me a line at any time. take care.
sergio, HSP.

·
OT's E-Referee
904 Posts
huskya83 said:
from Hotshot

alexander, hello. well, glad to hear about your interest in our turbo
system. if i remember correctly, you've contacted me for some info on
this kit in the past, right? anyhow, couple of things. first off, there
are indeed two different turbo set-ups currently available for the ga16
through hotshot performance. long story short, one revolves around a
standard garrett t28 conventional-bearing turbocharger, and the other
around a garrett gt28rs ball-bearing turbocharger. as for cost, the t28
kit is currently retailing for $3735 (about 180hp to the front wheels @
7 psi), and the gt28rs kit is going for $3999 (about 195hp to the front
wheels at 7 psi). with both of these kits, the ecu upgrade is not
included in the price of the system, since there are a great many
variables/factors revolving around this part (some people already have
the ecu chipped and simply need another program, some don't want to go
through JWT, etc.). anyhow, hope this helps clarify things for you and
your buddies. if you have any further questions for me WHATSOEVER, or
if you'd like to look into ordering of either system, please feel free
to drop me a line at any time. take care.
sergio, HSP.
thats strange. I just checked on Hotshot's site and they list the ecu as part of the kit( http://www.lion.esosoft.net/hotshot.com/turbo/200sx.htm ). Whats up with that?

Mitch

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
how reliable is the Hot Shot kit?

·
OT's E-Referee
904 Posts
wes said:
Read that again. The * means you have to read below, they included that so that people would realize that fuel management is necessary.
Oh duh. Now I see it. You'd think they'd make it stand out a little better but oh well. That changes my planning now for my car. Was gonna wait til I turbo'd it for the ecu but I might just do the ecu now to get the most out of my cams. Anyways, thanks for the enlightenment.

Mitch

·
OT's E-Referee
904 Posts
James said:
if you get it now you'll have to pay an additional fee to get it programed again later for the turbo components.
Yeah I know. But I ain't gonna be able to afford to go turbo for a couple years. And when I go turbo I'm gonna do a jdm manual tranny swap so figure I'll be able to sell JWT auto ecu when I do that and it wont be too much of a loss. I guess I just have a craving for that extra power I'll get from the ecu

Mitch

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hotshot is a very popular company around here. 12 pages...wow.

anyway, i was just wondering if the stock igintion system on a 95 GA motor is good enough to handle the kit? also what do the cars(otherwise stock) that have this kit run in the 1/4>

·
Registered
28 Posts
akk51 said:
Just wondering if any of you guys have put on an aftermarket turbo on the sx se? I was thinking about getting one off of a saab or something at a junkyard maybe? How difficult is it to install these, how expensive to get it done at the shop? thanks.
There is a ready made kit by TSI, one kit starts at $1400. It comes with a t20 turbo, no need for engine management works fine with stock ecu. The other one come with ecu controller, t25 ball bearing, and intercooler for about $2000.

Do a search for TSI Turbo. I cant remember the name of the company I bought mine from, because I was pretty pissed off about their shipping. They charged me $250 Next day air shipping because I live in Hawaii, and then didnt deliver for 3weeks, with no refund, for the next day air. But its free shipping in the 48states.

Also do a search in the forums for this thread "Turbocharged 200SX SE " It has a detailed write up and installation for the basic kit, since I went with a water cooled IC. I also wasnt sure that I wanted a bigger turbo. But it works great.

·
i pwn your mom
5,439 Posts
The TSI kit is junk. do you think any GOOD turbo kit would cost 1400, and with a T20 you might be making 20-30 hp if you are lucky max.. this kit isn't dyno proven, its made of like all rubber.. When we see dyno numbers, then lets post of the quality. Until then, the ONLY good kit is the hotshot kit and if you know what you are doin a custom might be ok

161 - 180 of 185 Posts