Nissan Forum banner

141 - 160 of 185 Posts

·
NPM Lead Editor/Webmaster
4,571 Posts
NotAnotherHonda said:
why do people act like hotshot is the only way to go? like if you dont wanna spend $4500, then you have no go NA...thats bullshit...go custom.
where do you guys get this $4500-$4600 price... On the HS website it's $3,399.. if you compare it to, lets say GReddy kits for hondas then its a great deal.. especially since it comes with a GT28RS ball bearing turbo and a intercooler.

Yes you have to have your ECU reprogrammed at JWT, but you'd have to have that done even with a custom setup.

·
Work With What You Got
845 Posts

·
4,571 Posts
OmegaManEX said:
mike i think we are all looking at this price ::
http://www.hotshot.com/turbo/NS6020.htm

:thumbup:
awww I think that's a typo... last I heard it was the lower price. Which is on the other page.

Even so, people have to come to the realization that turbo cars aren't cheap.. especially good running ones.

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
myoung said:
awww I think that's a typo... last I heard it was the lower price. Which is on the other page.
I thougth they raised th eprice because they ONLY offer the GT28RS now. I have not called them though as I already have a GT28RS on the way........

Theyalso had to re-do the DP, turbo to IC pipe, and intake pipe for that turbo as well.

·
4,571 Posts
wes said:
I thougth they raised th eprice because they ONLY offer the GT28RS now. I have not called them though as I already have a GT28RS on the way........

Theyalso had to re-do the DP, turbo to IC pipe, and intake pipe for that turbo as well.
I'll call today and get it cleared up...and or chew them out for having conflicting prices on the website.

·
Registered
23 Posts
myoung said:
I'll call today and get it cleared up...and or chew them out for having conflicting prices on the website.
myoung...Keep up the good work on your GA16. You make modding less expensive for me by doing it first so I don't have to go through the trial and error... Thanks :cheers: When are we going to hear some more from it @ NPM????

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have been thinking of going the way of turbo in my car for a while now....Wanting to build it up myself....Curious what do the 370cc nissan injectors come out of? Wondering how well a 1G DSM's 14b turbo would do for the setup? Anyone using a starion FMIC? Probably going to buy another GA16DE from a junkyard and build it up from there, any piston/con rod suggestions within reasonable(cheap) price.....

·
Registered
427 Posts
370cc injectors come stock in the 300ZX TT, Infiniti Q45, and the SR20DET engines.
the first gen eclipse turbo will probably work pretty good on the ga16de. I am running a T25 from a second gen DSM as well as a custom starion FMIC. I am happy with my setup.
-dave

·
Registered
36 Posts
A question about the starion intercooler.....what's your intercooler pipe routing look like? I got a b13 sentra and am wondering how I should do it....been thinking I'm gonna need an intercooler with top-bottom flow with in and out on the driver's side to make it work.....any suggestions....would like to stay cheap with the starion I/C

·
Registered
427 Posts
myoung said:
That's a pretty tall intercooler, blocks the radiator quite a bit. If you aren't upgrading the radiator then I would at least suggest using WaterWetter to help keep the water temps lower. Looking good..keep up the good work.
The stock B13 bumper support shrouds most of the radiator, so I sectioned a portion of the bumper beam to help improve flow to the radiator and compensate for the intercooler. I havent had any cooling issues yet and I am still running the stock single fan (its a sentra E so I dont have an AC condensor). I was considering a FAL fan and some water wetter later this summer before I take it to the track.
-dave

·
4,571 Posts
dave_f said:
The stock B13 bumper support shrouds most of the radiator, so I sectioned a portion of the bumper beam to help improve flow to the radiator and compensate for the intercooler. I havent had any cooling issues yet and I am still running the stock single fan (its a sentra E so I dont have an AC condensor). I was considering a FAL fan and some water wetter later this summer before I take it to the track.
-dave
Sounds like you have it all worked out.. :thumbup:

·
Registered
70 Posts
All this talk about turbo is getting me worked up and now Im considering buying the Hotshot kit.....104,000 on the odometer and still runs good as new if not better. Im the original owner, but the only thing that concerns me is the strict California smog emissions.....how would I get around this and still go turbo ? Im already having a hard time w/ basic bolt ons....

·
Registered
36 Posts
Anyone here running an AFC for their turbo setup? I really don't like the idea of spending $600 on some guy's daughterboard on a stock ECU where you are stuck with the programming you got. Any suggestions? I'm gonna want something to make what I wanna do work but I don't wanna be stuck with something I can't tune myself.

·
Registered
36 Posts
James said:
How much experience do you have tuning AFC's? If you have none the $600 will be cheaper, much cheaper, than the time you spend on a dyno trying to figure it out! $150/hr is what XS-Engineering charges for tuning on the dyno.
Did lots of AFC tuning, mostly with DSMs though, if I went with a bigger MAF to accompany bigger injectors I'm wondering if it would compensate properly....

141 - 160 of 185 Posts