Nissan Forum banner

21 - 40 of 185 Posts

·
Nissan Wizard
193 Posts
Yes, you're right...I see your point. The hotshot is really a nice kit. I just have to do more research for the b13 ecu. I'm sure jwt can reprogram one. Keep up the good work!

·
in^3,N20,RPM,PSI
4,652 Posts
The Hotshot kit is a pretty good deal, not the best but hey look at it this way, who else out there is making another kit for the GA16DE??? It's hard pressed to find...

SUPPOSEDLY (pause pause)... The manifold I'm waiting on is getting ceramic coated now... they said next week... BLEH... I hate waiting...:p

·
3 bar MAP
1,381 Posts
Now I agree you do need to upgrade the clutch... a must.. well, actually that would depend on how much you want to get on it and how much you plan on boosting.. We actaully drove quite a while on the stock clutch... with some slippage...but the clutch had almost 60,000 on it already! The LSD is a good addition, but not nessesary!
haha...i still have my 80,000 miles stock clutch too. just not enough time to put the new setup in yet:( thats mainly why i havent dynoed yet. i will soon though. i really wanna see the difference in hp/trq #s "log" and "pulse converter" manis make. should be interesting.

·
NPM Lead Editor/Webmaster
4,571 Posts
javierb14 said:
haha...i still have my 80,000 miles stock clutch too. just not enough time to put the new setup in yet:( thats mainly why i havent dynoed yet. i will soon though. i really wanna see the difference in hp/trq #s "log" and "pulse converter" manis make. should be interesting.
Now I am turly confused... now you are going to continue and dyno it? I was under the impression you had pulled everything to sell it...

1,267 Posts
You don't have to call JWT, you definitely need an SE-R ECU, but I don't think the year matters as long as you match manual/auto and weather or not you have a california emissions car. You can probably get the used ECU for under $100 easy, just search the internet for car parts. After that it's just a matter of coming up with nearly $600 (for the basics, ~$840 with the VTC or whatever that was for the cam timing), and from what I hear now, wait 6 month for them to get to yours.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Hey, I thought the VTC upgrade was free!! ???

·
Nissan Wizard
193 Posts
Adam said:
You don't have to call JWT, you definitely need an SE-R ECU, but I don't think the year matters as long as you match manual/auto and weather or not you have a california emissions car. You can probably get the used ECU for under $100 easy, just search the internet for car parts. After that it's just a matter of coming up with nearly $600 (for the basics, ~$840 with the VTC or whatever that was for the cam timing), and from what I hear now, wait 6 month for them to get to yours.
Thanks for the info! I remember talking to Ben from jwt a while back..he also said the wait would be long. I couldn't find a se-r ecu back then..I'll try looking again. Does jwt use that same program for the turbo? TIA

K

·
0 Posts
I'll try and find that magazine at Barnes & Noble again tonight if I go -- but ne way -- I'm not saying it's not a good deal (heck if I had the crash or could even scrap it up -- I'd be the first one in line). At any rate -- One day maybe I'll save enuf to get the hotshot kit + ecu!! ahh, a man can dream ;).. Later!
Tommy

·
NPM Lead Editor/Webmaster
4,571 Posts
Kenix said:
I'll try and find that magazine at Barnes & Noble again tonight if I go -- but ne way -- I'm not saying it's not a good deal (heck if I had the crash or could even scrap it up -- I'd be the first one in line). At any rate -- One day maybe I'll save enuf to get the hotshot kit + ecu!! ahh, a man can dream ;).. Later!
Tommy
I can garuntee you either read it wrong or saw it in NPM... We are the only ones with a Hotshot turbo in a GA16....period.....at least for the moment. Seeing that we are doing all the testing, no one else will have one until we are completed...

haha if you do find it I want to know.. it would be major copyright infringment...lol

The only other Ga16 in any publication is Sweet 16 written by Mike Kojima in SCC... , believe me I know that car very very well... It's without a doubt the fastest N/A Ga16 out there...

·
Banned
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
well, i hate to say it, i mean i love my 200 and all but for 4 grand...i think i'd just sell my car and use that 4 grand to get an old 300z tt...

·
Banned
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
well, i don't think for 4 grand but maybe for 10...6 off of my car and that 4 from the "would be" turbo...

·
Banned
12 Posts
hey guys......im selling a Garret t28 and custom exhaust manifold for the ga16de....its teflon coated and ball bearing turbo its pretty fatty along with the custom Full-Race exhaust manifold...if ur interested

·
Registered
702 Posts
mike, what is the whole $3700+ cost for the hotshot kit? so now are they including the ECU...whats goin on...i am getting thrown off

21 - 40 of 185 Posts