Nissan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Towards Antisocial
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my ga16de set at about +4* right now.

I see a lot of you guys are running much higher advancement and would like to know how you guys feel about that? is it safe to go that high? my car is 98 200SX SE. simple mods right now.

I searched the forum 3 times before posting this question!

·
Platinum
462 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
I'm running at 12 degrees and am having no problems....

·
Registered
500 Posts
I'm running at 15, but we also have 93 octane gas in TX. I wonder if I could go higher... neh, better not.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Could I advance to 20 with 93 octane gas? I'm not going to, I'd just be happy with the tidbit of information.

·
Platinum
462 Posts
20deg

My timing was accidently set at 22 deg. I had horrible pinging/knocking problem when out side temp was over 70 degrees. Stupid loser shop here didn't know what they were doing.. They didn't disconnect the TPS (Throttle Position Sensor) when they adjusted the timing. I was driving my car like this for two years without knowing. (two different shops couldn't figure that out either) Finally, I learned how to check/adjust the timing and found out the timing was set at 22 degrees. (yeah, i'm stupid) Now my engine lost compression and can't go fast.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
I had my timing at 20 too...accidentally...:( I think I retarded it to about 15 now...hopefully. I heard a slight knocking sound.

·
Towards Antisocial
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks, you've all been very helpfull!!

·
Registered
500 Posts
Yes I'm insane.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts