Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.To make a long story short,i have a Suzuki Swift Gt.Now there is "mod"that a swift owner can do,which is use a Nissan tb(50mm up to 60mm)well i am using the 50mm tb.I have very bad idling problems and everything is completely set up properly but no idle screw.I have the tb that has no visual idle screw.Is there one hidden or did i grab the wrong tb to begin with(which if i can remember was off a 1.6L NX1600)but Sentras work also..I have searched and seen that there is supposed to be one,but no pics to verify.There is a small black cap(on a vacuum tube)and 2 holes,which i dont see any kinda screw.Right now i am trying to idle with the stop screw(yes i know,,bad)But the TPS readjusts itself and goes back down to the crappy idle. But is there anyway you can help me?The cap that i know(on other tb's) of is a small cap that pops off and then has a screw shown,(which is a slotted screw),but not on this tb,or others i have seen of the 50mm tb's.ANY help would be great for Me and the Suzuki Swift Gt community.
Thanks a million,
Dan
 

·
Wise Cracker
Joined
·
5,730 Posts
allmotorswift said:
Hello.To make a long story short,i have a Suzuki Swift Gt.Now there is "mod"that a swift owner can do,which is use a Nissan tb(50mm up to 60mm)well i am using the 50mm tb.I have very bad idling problems and everything is completely set up properly but no idle screw.I have the tb that has no visual idle screw.Is there one hidden or did i grab the wrong tb to begin with(which if i can remember was off a 1.6L NX1600)but Sentras work also..I have searched and seen that there is supposed to be one,but no pics to verify.There is a small black cap(on a vacuum tube)and 2 holes,which i dont see any kinda screw.Right now i am trying to idle with the stop screw(yes i know,,bad)But the TPS readjusts itself and goes back down to the crappy idle. But is there anyway you can help me?The cap that i know(on other tb's) of is a small cap that pops off and then has a screw shown,(which is a slotted screw),but not on this tb,or others i have seen of the 50mm tb's.ANY help would be great for Me and the Suzuki Swift Gt community.
Thanks a million,
Dan
B's have a screw just like you mentioned, however the NX and B13 GA16 motors had the IACV remotely mounted so the screw may not be on the TB.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Can you tell me what cars have the "B" code(engine) in them?This would be much appreciated.All I have seen was the SR20's and the Ca16?'s off the Sentra's,,,NX1600's. UPDATE,,,I just got another tb and it is the same as everyone that i have seen.I did see a pic(off of the same type of engine) that looked different,but i cannot attatch any pics of the tb that I have.It is a 50mm tb without a idle adj.screw(from what I am seeing,,no black cap,and this tb is from a early to mid 90's Sentra)
Thanks.
 

·
Wise Cracker
Joined
·
5,730 Posts
allmotorswift said:
Can you tell me what cars have the "B" code(engine) in them?This would be much appreciated.All I have seen was the SR20's and the Ca16?'s off the Sentra's,,,NX1600's. UPDATE,,,I just got another tb and it is the same as everyone that i have seen.I did see a pic(off of the same type of engine) that looked different,but i cannot attatch any pics of the tb that I have.It is a 50mm tb without a idle adj.screw(from what I am seeing,,no black cap,and this tb is from a early to mid 90's Sentra)
Thanks.
B13/B14 are chassis designations, not motor's. They changed the GA16 TB in 1995 when they incorporated the IACV and FICD to it, so on those TB's the idle screw is on the TB itself. Those TB's came in the 1995-1998 cars (B14).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are the Tb's IACV and FICD connected to the tb itself? What i am asking is that can it be removed with the actual tb operational?Or will there be any big holes in it? I havent seen one yet at the J/Y (they deal with 1996 and before,,,I have connections at this j/y) but they normally get the older ones.It is rare that they get 1995+ Nissan's.Does anyone (Here)have one for sale/Trade for a SR20 TB? And mainly is it like the older(Pre-1995) tb's in dimentions/Dash pot/tps swing arm/Etc?
 

·
Wise Cracker
Joined
·
5,730 Posts
allmotorswift said:
Are the Tb's IACV and FICD connected to the tb itself? What i am asking is that can it be removed with the actual tb operational?Or will there be any big holes in it? I havent seen one yet at the J/Y (they deal with 1996 and before,,,I have connections at this j/y) but they normally get the older ones.It is rare that they get 1995+ Nissan's.Does anyone (Here)have one for sale/Trade for a SR20 TB? And mainly is it like the older(Pre-1995) tb's in dimentions/Dash pot/tps swing arm/Etc?
I think I have one lying around I would swap you, let me look later today.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just recieved a 1995+ tb,and it wont work.NOW back to the older tb (pre-1995) can a person use the remote idle control for a different car?I didnt grab that part yet,or is there gaping holes?I need something with 1 inlet/1 outlet and a screw to adj. the idle,,Does that cannector have that and also can anyone thing of a tb from Nissan that has a idle adj. screw that is like the older tbs( pre 1995,,50mm)
Dan
 

·
Wise Cracker
Joined
·
5,730 Posts
allmotorswift said:
I just recieved a 1995+ tb,and it wont work.NOW back to the older tb (pre-1995) can a person use the remote idle control for a different car?I didnt grab that part yet,or is there gaping holes?I need something with 1 inlet/1 outlet and a screw to adj. the idle,,Does that cannector have that and also can anyone thing of a tb from Nissan that has a idle adj. screw that is like the older tbs( pre 1995,,50mm)
Dan
Pick up the IACV from an older GA16, many people have made a plate to remotely locate it so they can accomplish what you are trying to do.
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top