Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Cool.

What TB are your going to use? Any plans for dyno comparison?

·
TwiztidKidd
807 Posts
I like the turbo on it... what kind and how much ? That's a nice setup and I like your intake manifold also... not the sheet metal one lol the original one... Can I have it ? lol

·
Drop-Out
1,892 Posts
How gauge sheet metal? Im a tin knocker for a A/C and heating comp. and on the time when there is nothing to do, i make my own stuff :thumbup:

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yep I am planning on running my sr20 throttle body... the intake is made from 3003 0.063" thick aluminum sheet, 1/4 aluminum for the plenum floor, and 3/8" aluminum for the tb mount. I am in the process of attaching the idle control valve, air regulator, and vacuum ports. The biggest pain has been reconfiguring the coolant passage located in the stock plenum. I also had to ax the EGR passage (I have been running a few years without the egr) I plan on installing it and turning up the boost to 13~15 pounds. I'll have it Dyno'd in the spring

-dave

1.6L ga16de
DSM T25 turbo
custom exhaust manifold
2.5" turbo back exhaust
370 CC injectors
S13 sr20de ecu with daughter board
Starion/Conquest FMIC
custom intake plumbing
DSM BOV recirc'd

·
TwiztidKidd
807 Posts
Nice !! It looks like you had to rip out your A/C to fit the intercooler. I still like your setup... how did you turn your original manifold to that graphite color ? That's sweet looking. How are u going to attach your custom manifold just so it doesn't leak ?

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My car is a 92 sentra E... so it never had AC, power steering, or power anything for that matter. The exhaust manifold was painted with POR hi temp paint. Its been on there for two years and has begun to flake off in some areas. I have been to busy (too lazy) to pull it off and have it ceramic coated.
Once I finish the intake plenum it will be welded into one piece. I have more pictures of the intake if someone wants to host them.
-dave

Twiz said:
Nice !! It looks like you had to rip out your A/C to fit the intercooler. I still like your setup... how did you turn your original manifold to that graphite color ? That's sweet looking. How are u going to attach your custom manifold just so it doesn't leak ?

·
NPM Lead Editor/Webmaster
4,571 Posts
dave_f said:
here is a link to a pic of my sheet metal intake
tell me what you think ....keep in mind its a work in progress.
-dave
turbo intake
Nice Dave! I love to see people taking their own road and trying new things.

Sounds like a good write up for NPM, when you get ready...drop me a mail..

Keep up the good work :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts