Nissan Forum banner

ga16de motor differences.

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Lurch 
#1 ·
hi guys,

I just bought a 95 b14 with the ga16de motor. it has the top mounted t/b. how does it compare to the reg. side mount t/b, with regards to hp, torque etc. Is it easy to change over to the side mounted intake, does it make sense to do so.

thanks

#3 ·
nevermind ....

#6 ·
It's the same as the Euro Spec GA16DE, top mounted TB...and it depends what your looking for...in some respects i think it is worthwhile doing and i'm planning on sourcing a side mounted Intake and TB for mine...

For me i want my engine to look good as well so i'm going to get it polished up...but theres other things to consider as well...i can't buy a CAI kit off the internet straight...i spent nigh on £150 (just over $300) on getting a custom silicone 90o bend and all the other bits of stainless steel and silicone to get air to get down the fricking TB...having to make the air so a sharp bend like that has got to be in some ways restrictive as well...it's going to be worth doing for me mainly for my show purposes but maybe as a bonus well freeing up a couple of ponies with a better CAI...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.