Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys I live in the UK and I Own a N15 Almera. I have got to say I'm most dissapointed with my GA16DE engine... Why you ask well I'll explain.

1. The UK Spec GA16DE has NO VTC
2. The UK Spec GA16DE has Single point (Throtle Body Injection)
3. The UK Spec GA16DE has 99HP standard!! (Slow Ass!!)
4. There are hardly any performance parts available and those that are cost an arm and a leg.
5. I'm Scared to use US parts due to the above diferences.

Would a NON UK spec Head and inlet manifold (i.e. with VTC and Multipoint injection be a possible conversion and how difficult would it be.)

At present I have a K&N Induction Kit (No CAI see above)
and a Jetex back box on my exhaust.( No full systems available) These cost me a combined total of £350 (not dollars UK pounds!!)

My car is now hitting 115HP (after a (£75) rolling road tune)

HELP!!!!!

(Man I'm getting beaten By honduhs out there)

G
:mad:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Well, I couldnt tell you what to do about the US parts on your UK GA, but we GA's here in the US don't have VE either; unless we ship from Japan. Just a little comiseration from the people who are stuck in the SLOW lane.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I think you could swap a MPI from the next generation GA to it. I saw one in a P10 but it's still 100HP.

·
in^3,N20,RPM,PSI
4,652 Posts
Stevie_T_G said:
Hi Guys I live in the UK and I Own a N15 Almera. I have got to say I'm most dissapointed with my GA16DE engine... Why you ask well I'll explain.

1. The UK Spec GA16DE has NO VTC
2. The UK Spec GA16DE has Single point (Throtle Body Injection)
3. The UK Spec GA16DE has 99HP standard!! (Slow Ass!!)
4. There are hardly any performance parts available and those that are cost an arm and a leg.
5. I'm Scared to use US parts due to the above diferences.

Would a NON UK spec Head and inlet manifold (i.e. with VTC and Multipoint injection be a possible conversion and how difficult would it be.)

:mad:
It shouldn't be too hard if it's just the heads/intake manifold that is different. You may want to get a head gasket from a US engine and compare it to yours. The intake manifold shouldn't be hard at all, although you would have to get your ecu reprogrammed...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts