Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi folks,
Is it normal for my Sentra's radiator cooling fan to come on at every traffic light in 50-60º weather?

I installed a new "eBay" cooling fan a few mos ago, and it's been fine throughout the summer months. Without the A/C on, it came on at every traffic light all during the warmer weatherr, as I figured it's supposed to. Now that it's colder out, it's still coming on.

The coolant level is fine. Overflow level is fine too. Top hose is hot to the touch. Lower hose is warm. Normal heat is coming from the radiator. I installed a new Nissan t-stat in the summer (what a pain).

This new fan replaced a completely dead OEM one that I never heard come on since I bought the car, that's why I don't really know if this is normal. Could it be a bad temp relay? If so, where is it?

Any help would be appreciated.

Dean

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
sounds to me like its all working properly. If the Rad is hot, and you stop, you have no air flow, yet engine is still getting rid of heat from the engine so the fan should turn on.
If you are worried about this check the temp sensor or just IR check the temp of the radiator when it cycles.
As for my cars, i turn the A/C on when i buy them, and that's it till i sell them !!!
So i have no direct experience since my Fans are always on !!

·
Registered
734 Posts
sounds like you have some air trapped in the cooling system.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
GA16De Cooling

Thanks for the replies/help. Is there an air-bleed anywhere in the system that you know of?

Dean

1 - 4 of 4 Posts