Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
who needs clearcoat
239 Posts
Might just be the picture, but can you close your hood? Looks like the turbo is mounted pretty high.

·
who needs clearcoat
239 Posts
Where are you going to run the intake into the turbo from?

·
B13 GA16DET
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Where are you going to run the intake into the turbo from?
I got three options either put the filter under the battery, move the battery over a little bit, then i'll put the filter in the space i made by moving the battery, or i can cut a hole and put the filter by the intercooler and run the pipe into the turbo.

where can i put the maf? can i put it right up onto the turbo inlet, it will be like filter, pipe, maf, turbo inlet.... or should i put it filter, maf, pipe, turbo inlet

·
Super Moderator
1,065 Posts
What turbo is that?

The just get some piping and run it then get a silicon hose, slip it onto the maf, buy and connect it to a maf adapter, then the air filter.

·
who needs clearcoat
239 Posts
I was actually thinking of relocating my maf after the turbo up next to the throttle body, but I'm not sure if it will work like that. Maybe someone else has any input on this.

·
B13 GA16DET
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
i think he is talking about a blow thru maf setup besides draw thru
¿ so i guess draw thru maf is going to the turbo and blow through is by the TB? never even heard of dat stuff.

searching real quick i found this website. The Turbo Forums.com

when i get home i'll look through it and see what i can find

·
Super Moderator
1,065 Posts
¿ so i guess draw thru maf is going to the turbo and blow through is by the TB? never even heard of dat stuff.

searching real quick i found this website. The Turbo Forums.com

when i get home i'll look through it and see what i can find
draw thru - places the maf on the turbo intake (maf not pressurized)

blow thru - places the maf on the pressure pipes after the blow off valve (maf pressurized)

·
who needs clearcoat
239 Posts
So if I put a draw through post turbo it would cause problems? I honestly didn't know there was a difference.

·
Super Moderator
1,065 Posts
So if I put a draw through post turbo it would cause problems? I honestly didn't know there was a difference.
No just make sure you recirculate the air charge from the bov back into the intake after the maf.

Here is a picture of my old draw thru setup -

·
who needs clearcoat
239 Posts
I know it's ok like that, but if I move the stock maf to after the turbo will it cause problems?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts