Nissan Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
hey guys, i figured i might tell you.... i recently purchased a BB det motor for $200. Only 2 downsides: bad rod bearing, and cams uninstalled.......but before the motor was pulled from my accomplices 200sx, it was running FINE, just a little squeak @ 3000 rpm.but viking import bearings and new rings will be ordered tomorrow.

sr20pwr

·
SLAVE TO THE GRIND
149 Posts
Im doing (with some help from chris...) a JDM sr20de swap on saturday Ill post up the total cost of goin from the lowly 1.6 to the 2.0 :hal:

·
Registered
191 Posts
Well you got to quit looking at it as dollar vs HP because if you have a ga then you know damn well that finding good parts is hard to find at times. The sr has SOOOO much more out there available, beside the fact that it is just a tougher and more durable motor to begin with, and also beside the fact that it has more horsies and is larger and even has a higher redline.

I'm doing the swap myself on my GA sometime this summer. And I have already checked around and the swap will cost me no more than $2k and at the MOST a week's worth of down time. $2k is much cheaper than buying another car... a car I have no idea what has happend in it's history, a car that I have no idea the kind of troubles that it may give me, and I'll be saving myself some debt that would come about if I decided to just get a faster car. So that's my arguement on the whole shabang with the swap not worth the money.......... because it is very much worth it to me and my project car.

Kthx =D

Also...... so from what I gather from this post that I can use a sr20 from an nx200 also? Can I get a complete list of cars that I can do the sr20 swap with because I'm just going to buy a wrecked one of whatever (planning on another 200sx ATM)... that'd make it easier for me to find faster if I can look for other wrecked cars that'll have the motor besides JUST the 200. What about TB and manifolds and such... would that be the same in other cars with sr20 besides the 200?

Thanks, and flame away! ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
NotAnotherHonda said:
sick...thats a good price you got that for...did you get it locally???
Yeah I got it locally.
Since that post I had to find some cams as the ones we have in S.A are made for hydraulic lifters - So that cost me $250 including building up the rockers.
The first gearbox I bought has a damaged diff so i bought another one.

I'm allready sitting on $4000 for the swap...

·
Registered
41 Posts
laron
u can use any fwd sr20, just make sure to use the same ecu. hi port, low port. they came in the nx2000, sentra se-r, 200sx se-r, g20. tranny makes a difference with ecu too. i have been able to talk 1 guy out of the swap !! :thumbup: he ended up buying a b14 se-r for $1,500 he's swapping his sentra parts over and that was the best swap i heard of!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
if you insist on a swap do a 1.6 to a 1.6 swap !! 170 hp VVL. thats the way to handle that!! i love my sr20de that will soon be converted to a det, but if you cant justify spending $1,000 - $4,000 for a sr20 powered car... you'll spend it either way!! just our 2 cents

·
i pwn your mom
5,439 Posts
for 25 extra horsepower, its kinda of pointless to swap in a sr20de, and det swaps are gonna run you around 5k to do it properly. for $2500 a person can make a custom turbo setup for his ga16 and have a lot more horsepower.. and for a det swap, everyone says they are gonna do it, but never do.. they dont realize how much work is involve.. my friends do that all day long and to do a fwd swap with axels and everything,its gonna run no less than 4-5k unless you get a motor that needs a lot of attention..

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm swappin my 96 200sx se right now and these guy are right, if your not a car nut like me then turbo your gay16 because I've had to swap every little thing out of a se-r into my car to make it work but I'm a little nutz so its fun to me. Plus evry body knows my car is a SE but boy is this bb sr20det powered SE gonna make ppl think twice about racing.

·
Ready for swap #2
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
dont understand why you guys are posting in this thread has nothing to do with you....noone of asked you what your opinion was..please keep the opinions to your self of PM us...this is soley here to help people out the cost of a swap Thanks

·
Super-Mod with a 240
2,375 Posts
NiN_00 said:
dont understand why you guys are posting in this thread has nothing to do with you....noone of asked you what your opinion was..please keep the opinions to your self of PM us...this is soley here to help people out the cost of a swap Thanks

Unnecessary posts deleted. This thread will be closed soon as the author is done editing the original post.

Reminder: Please do not make irrelevant posts in technical forums.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.