Nissan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok...wow...I'll be damned...that search button is amazing...I love it...anyways. I found this U13 Bluebird SR20DET motor with no top mount intercooler. It's here...So...this means now I need an intercooler. Also I probly need the stuff listed at this link. What won't I need that is listed on this thread other than the intercooler, which I will search for a front mount. Also if there is anything listed on there that I don't need. That would be a help too. and should I get all my components off a SE-R nx2000?...whatever the NX2000 part is. I know what the SE-R, and right now I have a 93 Sentra SE stock, with a 5 speed front wheel drive. The other thing is TRANNY!!??!?!?!?!?! WHICH TRANNY SHOULD I GET?....In orhter words...for that motor...what should I get my tranny out of?

·
Have I Hit 12's Yet?
5,325 Posts
wrong section though

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
Nismo1997 said:
The best kind of tranny to use with the DET is a G20 tranny(sr20de)
^^^ new det pro :cool:

i heard the g20 trannys had a differant gearing than the se-r trannys, is this what you desire for the det? the se-r tranny i think has higher gears so it could be a bit more fun. just wanted to let you know for future mods, there is a new FMIC No2 sprayer design, it is a snake instead of the traditional oval shape so you get better coverage on your FMIC.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nismo1997 said:
The best kind of tranny to use with the DET is a G20 tranny(sr20de)

Is that front wheel drive?

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
bytemee495 said:
Is that front wheel drive?
yes ALL usdm sr20 engines/trannys are FWD

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
1.6pete said:
^^^ new det pro :cool:

i heard the g20 trannys had a differant gearing than the se-r trannys, is this what you desire for the det? the se-r tranny i think has higher gears so it could be a bit more fun. just wanted to let you know for future mods, there is a new FMIC No2 sprayer design, it is a snake instead of the traditional oval shape so you get better coverage on your FMIC.
even better than the no2 cooler is the methanol kit, its cheaper, easier to use, and all u need is windsheild deicer to refill (half methanol mix) hopeing to pick myself one up soon

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
1.6pete said:
yes ALL usdm sr20 engines/trannys are FWD
I thought some were AWD...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts