Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i got a 91 ga16 laying around and want to know what would be and guesstimate cash amount for an overhaul of this engine? it be complete overhaul.

·
Registered
485 Posts
You doing the work or a shop?
You parts prob be about 150 maybe 200. Depends on if your going performance or just replacement. Add in a couple of hundred for the machine shop if you wanna do it right.

Shop to do the rebuild for you, looking at prob around 600 maybe 700 depending. Shouldnt be horrible to do your self if you have a decent amount of experience and the tools. These are just guestimates. Some shop might do it pretty cheap if the engine is out of the car.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Well, you need to have a shop bore the block, then match new rings for the pistons. if you go .060 over, then you need new pistons. you may as well go high compression and build it right if your doing it. I would replace the rod bolts with ARP units. this is a weak spot of the GA16DE. The rods are next in line. Pauter machine makes excellent custom pistons for the engine and also rods. depends on application. Mill the head and refresh that. I would mildly port this thing. polish the chambers and a 3 angle valve job. Save your money because this is not cheap. heads alone cost 300+ to rebuild. Pistons 300+ rods 300+ honing the block, not sure. depends on the place.

Chris 92 classic

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i am just going for stock replacement on the block since i am low on the green but might do a porting job to the head. a local shack shop will do the boring of the block and a buddy of mine might be able to hook it up with the port job and rebuld of the head at another shop nearby. i was also figuring numbers in the 600+. thanks alot fellas

1 - 4 of 4 Posts