Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
U

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to put the GA16 engine into an '87 B12 body? Does it require welding? Wiring is no biggie, that's a given.. :) Anyone done the swap?
 

·
CA18DET Wizard
Joined
·
1,366 Posts
It can be done, but you will basically need to have the donor car on standby because this will be a full conversion. This will include the wiring for the fuel pump especially if you have a carburetor. If you're going to use a donor car, be sure it's a 1989 sentra so you don't have to fiddle with the wiring for the seat belt alert.
 

·
Sentra Specialist
Joined
·
1,902 Posts
boost_boy said:
It can be done, but you will basically need to have the donor car on standby because this will be a full conversion. This will include the wiring for the fuel pump especially if you have a carburetor. If you're going to use a donor car, be sure it's a 1989 sentra so you don't have to fiddle with the wiring for the seat belt alert.
***** Hello Una, Boost_boy is right. A donor car will come in handy, because you will need the transaxle too. The E-series bolt pattern is different. I assume you're talking about swapping in a GA16DE right? ['91-'98 Sentra].
 
U

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah.. Ok, I'll just have to keep my eyes open for a donor vehicle. Did Nissan put the GA16DE into anything other than a Sentra?
 

·
Sentra Specialist
Joined
·
1,902 Posts
UnaClocker said:
Yeah.. Ok, I'll just have to keep my eyes open for a donor vehicle. Did Nissan put the GA16DE into anything other than a Sentra?
***** They were also in the '91-'93 NX1600's as well.
 

·
CA18DET Wizard
Joined
·
1,366 Posts
Just an FYI, I've seen a GA15i (individual injector) with 16 valves. I think I also saw a GA15i (12 valves) with multi-port injection.
 

·
Still moderating..sorta
Joined
·
1,324 Posts
boost_boy said:
Just an FYI, I've seen a GA15i (individual injector) with 16 valves. I think I also saw a GA15i (12 valves) with multi-port injection.
Are these JDM or Euro only engines???
 

·
CA18DET Wizard
Joined
·
1,366 Posts
These are JDM motors and strangely enough, people buy them from my friend who imports them.
 

·
Nissan/Mazda Gumshoe
Joined
·
1,052 Posts
yo boost whats the price range on one of these and is there a combo for the trans and all
 

·
CA18DET Wizard
Joined
·
1,366 Posts
I think he sells them between $400-700 for the engine and tranny. I'm going to go down there this A.M. to find out about some other stuff, but I'll check into these as well!
 

·
Nissan/Mazda Gumshoe
Joined
·
1,052 Posts
cool man i appreciate it. i am one of those unfortunate soles that cant shell out the cash for the sr20 swap. all in all , i just want a stick and for this fucking carb to go away.lol keep me posted 1
 

·
Nissan/Mazda Gumshoe
Joined
·
1,052 Posts
so ricebox. YOUR car is a 93 b12?! as in same body style as my 87?!?!
 

·
CA18DET Wizard
Joined
·
1,366 Posts
GA15i with carburetors (12valve) $300.00. GA16DE with Throttle body injection $300.00, GA16DE $350.00...No tranny, for all interested individuals.
 

·
CA18DET Wizard
Joined
·
1,366 Posts
The GA16i has 12 valves. The GA16DE with throttle body injection has 16 valves (Black valve cover). This one appears to be a cool one to do dual mikunis/webers or to graft the GA16 intake base onto the base of this motor and now you would have a GA16DE-i and 4 extra valves.
 

·
Nissan/Mazda Gumshoe
Joined
·
1,052 Posts
yo boost im definetly interested but i need the trans to go with it . would the ecu come with or would i have to grab my own?
 

·
CA18DET Wizard
Joined
·
1,366 Posts
Though all of these enignes have automatic trannies, if you must have the manual tranny, one can be sourced. You are on your own with the ecu! But if you have a GA16I already, you now have your ecu!
 
1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Top