Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just woundering, do the ga16i and the DE share the same bottom end? I only ask because I've herd of people reving to over 8k rpm before any damage, and I know I would have never reved my ga16i that high (normaly about 6k) So what is a same rev limit for both?

·
B12 Enthusiast
844 Posts
I was just looking at the engine specs of the Ga16i vs the GA16de and I believe that the stroke and compression were pretty much identical. It seems that the bottom end is pretty much the same for the most part, but I wouldn't say indentical.

Doubtful you could get the Ga16i to rev to 8k. It would be a scary ordeal and you'll probably break something. I have autocrossed both of my B12's with Ga16i's in them and revving them up past 5k really seems to be of no benefit. That engine seems to be much happier and produce most of it's power down around 3500-4k.

I have noticed that the Ga16i's powerband really flattens out over 5 grand ? :rolleyes:

·
GA16DE
606 Posts
Thats with stock cams...
Factory rpm limit is set at 6200 as much as I know
JWT ecus raise the limit to 7300
And I've seen broken ga16 engines that revved 8000+ rpm

·
Ex-mod/nissan guru
2,136 Posts
that was ga16de ... twin cams help the top ends... 12 valve i cant say but for a stock engine it wont be very good over the red line !!....i dont know if there is a rev limit on the Ga16i but i know there is none on the E16i i revved my engine up to 7500rpm but there was no power since the wasnt any fuelling at that point (maf maxed with the turbo...) thats where the 2nd valve springs come handy

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know that there really isn't any power past 5k on a stock set up, but I just was wondering how high it could rev to WITHOUT breaking. I think that an exhaust will help a lot with power around or above 5k. but if crazy-mart can rev to 7500 with 10psi and the only problem is lack of fuel, then I think that'll be a nice limit for me too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts