Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While I wait for my funds for a ca18det(student loan) I want to use a ga15 I found on ebay. I know it swaps over and everything with the manifold swaping and all that razzama jazz. I am just woundering what the power on one of these little guys is. I'm sure it's no much, but I'm curious.

P.S. sorry for my over abundance of posts lately.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I also found a GA16DE, complete motor with 140k :( but it's $75 plus shipping of about $200. this would work for me if some one has an ecu? I could trade ya for a ca18de ecu?

·
Ex-mod/nissan guru
2,136 Posts
youd better fix yourself on 1 engine. swapping an engine after another will mess up quite a lot of things. Im sure you wont like the ideas of getting one running and then swapping another. generally the total cost will be way higher than just the price of the engine itself.. calculate the double of the engine cost to have it fitted (minimum).

Trust me ive been there, and many other can tell that too. ga15i will get you about the same numbers than the ga16i = around 86-90hp.

·
Soon to be GA16it
444 Posts
Why not just get another GA16i to replace your old one. It will be the easiest swap to do.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've decided on the GA16DE as I like that there is aftermarket support for it so I can up grade it a little. I don't think I'll hit my 300hp mark with it, but it'll be fairly quick. I have alot of the stuff I need is already lined up, I'll have the motor soon (hopfuly) and I'm going to buy an ecu from fstb13ser and he might have a wiring harness too. I'm going to use my ga16i tranny, btw dose any one know if the gearing is different? I know that will be quite a bit of work, but I think that it's meet most of my needs.

Mervic said:
Why not just get another GA16i to replace your old one. It will be the easiest swap to do.
umm that one was really cheap?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Ok maybe I can get pretty close. I just got done reading the NPM's 200sx Ga16de with 233whp. that's about 270 at the crank. Although that sep up carries a pretty big price tag, about $6,500 (i don;t know how much the pullys and aquamist system cost but it's $6,040 for the rest by my count) which really wouldn't be too bad but then you have to consider that this is going into a pulsar with an OBD1 G16de, not a ODBII 200sx. So i can't use the intercooler piping or the ecu. They say that they may sell just parts of it which would benifit me greatly sence I really don't want to pay the $4200 for a complete set up that I can't use all of. do you think I could get away with using a piggy-back set up?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts