Which one you recommend for Nissan B12?

GA15DE

GA16DE

Urgent response required.

Sent from my QMobile i12 using Tapatalk

·
NF Mod/Nissan Master Tech
9,440 Posts
Installation will be about the same no matter which one you pick, so you mind as well go for the 1.6L.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@smj999smj another guy yesterday told me that go for QG15 or QG18 but my mechanic is saying that QG is very complicated engine and I need to replace wiring, suspension as well for that engine.

Sent from my QMobile i12 using Tapatalk

·
NF Mod/Nissan Master Tech
9,440 Posts
I'm not a big fan of the QG motors; the seem to have a lot of issues blowing head gaskets. I'm not really sure what kind of performance you are trying to obtain. B12's did come with the GA16i from the factory, so installing a GA16DE wouldn't be too hard. You'll still have to swap over the ECM and wiring harness to make it work. There are turbo kits for the GA16DE if you want to push a bit more power out of it, but I'm not sure how expensive they are to get in your country. In the USA, the go for around $1500 US, last time I checked. The SR-series engines have even more power potential, but would be a little more work fitting than the GA16DE.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Which gearbox did you used? And what are the parts need to complete the swap?
RS5F70A I used with it. Little modification done at mounting side nothing else.

By the way I m now planning to reswap it again with another QG18DE Black Top manual drive. Lets hope for the best.

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts