Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AY SO DOES ANYONE KNOW IF I NEED THE SR WIRING HARNESS OR CAN I USE THE SAME ONE JUST CHANGE THE ECU. IS I DO ABLE IN A DAY. THE CONVERSION THAT IS....

·
Master of the 5th speed
147 Posts
You need wiring harness, and ecu, and I'm pretty sure you can't do it in one day. It took a Nissan mechanic over a week to do my swap, and that was just putting in another SR20. You will need a lot of extra parts, and just when you think you have everything...you dont.

·
Registered
7 Posts
it took me like 1 week to do the swap and i had a donor se-r. But i also did the rear disc conversion. its alot of work

·
MFCoEJ Juror
242 Posts
I havent done it yet, but if I ever do I am gonna just get a whole front clip from the dash up. Then its just a matter of ripping mine apart and replacing as is in the clip. Little more cost, but then you know to be sure.

·
All over your face!
2,384 Posts
I strongly suggest using the sr20 engine harness. Because if you don't, you will have tons of problems like me. Feel free to hit me up if you want to see all the problems associated with not using the harness with my DET. It could be conisidered a "scared straight" tactic. :p

1 - 8 of 8 Posts