Nissan Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had a major engine failure in a 95 g20. I want to get a replacement motor from SOKO. I talked to someone from SOKO yesterday and the only thing we are not sure of is whether a lowport intake valve will swap to a highport version of the JDM SR20DE. Has anyone done this? There is a $300 difference between the high port and low port SR20DE's. Since they are JDM I will be replacing down to the long block in any case so the question to you folks is whether the Long blocks for the 91-93 SR20DE is the same as the 94-9x SR20DE.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
The low port engine has a different intake manifold and head (the high port intake manifold will not bolt up) and does not have all the sensors the high port needs. (91-94 are OBD-I and 95 up are OBD-II.)

You can use a short block, they are all the same, but a lot more work to set up.

Lew

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lshadoff said:
The low port engine has a different intake manifold and head (the high port intake manifold will not bolt up) and does not have all the sensors the high port needs. (91-94 are OBD-I and 95 up are OBD-II.)

You can use a short block, they are all the same, but a lot more work to set up.

Lew

Thanks for the response. The short block won't work for me as the head is shot on the current motor. I guess I will be getting the more expensive motor.

Thanks again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts