Nissan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search and didn't really find anything. Will and what year G20 ecu will work in my 98 se-r, or am I screwed on that like I am with the jwt ecu upgrade.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Re: Re: g20 ecu in 98 se-r

Mr SEntra said:
I don't know the answer, but have you tried G20 Forums yet? :)
Well since he owns a '98 SE-R, I guess he would want to ask other '98 SE-R owners wouldn't he? I would bet they have better knowledge of it working than G20 owners.

canadian_se-r

There are some threads about this on www.sr20deforums.com

You might wanna search over there. From what I remember, it is possible, but you will get a MIL Code due to O2 sensor mapping or something. Some of the guys were able to clear the code, others were not.

But, in the end it does not effect driveability and you end up with the 7500 redline and no speed limiter. Gotta like that.

·
Go Drift Alliance!
646 Posts
Re: Re: Re: g20 ecu in 98 se-r

NismoPC said:
Well since he owns a '98 SE-R, I guess he would want to ask other '98 SE-R owners wouldn't he? I would bet they have better knowledge of it working than G20 owners.
Very true. Sorry about that bad link. When I think of G20, I think of George Roffe. I know he's part of the community here and there and everywhere for that matter. ;)

·
Registered
413 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: g20 ecu in 98 se-r

Mr SEntra said:
Very true. Sorry about that bad link. When I think of G20, I think of George Roffe. I know he's part of the community here and there and everywhere for that matter. ;)
Well yea! He's kinda like Santa Claus I guess. He's everywhere, but nowhere. :D And always brings toys to all the good little girls and boys. Err! uh! Anyhow.

·
99 Problems...
331 Posts
'94-'96 g20 ecu will fit
how do I know?
I have it in my '99

as you know it removes the revlimiter and it raises redline to 7500
in the U.S. you can get it from www.car-parts.com

o

·
Registered
316 Posts
There are 2 plugs that need to be disconnected when you do this swap. The first is the boost sensor on the firewall of the engine compartment, the second is one of the plugs by the driver rear wheel on the EVAP Canister closest to the front of the car. Check your TPS after the swap to insure it reads 4Volts at WOT.

·
Registered
52 Posts
yo if you are using a 91-97 ecu with a 98-up harness all the wires to the ecu have to be cut from the 98-up and rewired to the 91-97 no matter what you do

·
Registered
316 Posts
Nissan OBDII Ecu's are plug and play. No wire cutting required. The G20 OBDII ECU has a higher redline. Some of the 98's have some extra emmision items that throws off the TPS sensor. Those items need to be disconnected. That is all.

M

·
0 Posts
So from what i read.......a 94-96 G20 ECU will plug into my 97 200SX (sr20de) without modification of any wiring......and itll remove the speed limiter and raise the rev limiter??

1 - 10 of 10 Posts