Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
U13 BB Owner
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i was wondering what the life span is of the sr20 motors. Im looking at a 1991 g20 auto w/150,000 miles for 1,900. Curious to know how long the motor would run before it dies and how the tranny would be at that milage. The car is in good shape. Any help??

·
even better the 2nd time
2,719 Posts
with good care you can put 300k + on these motors

it's all in how well it was taken care of, so it's pretty hard to judge over the internet

if the car is in immaculate condition, id say it still has 50k+ left

·
U13 BB Owner
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
but if the motor went dead wouldnt it only be like another 750 to pop in another motor???

·
Destroyer of worlds.
874 Posts
you're engine will go 200k regardless of its previous life. mines at 190k, and the first owner beat the snot out of it...second owner put it back together...and now im the third owner again beating the snot out of it.

the SR20 is incredibly durable, the car will fall apart before the engine goes bad.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I bought a UKDM SR20 with 160. To rebuild it. Cylinder walls look like new, piston ring end gap a lot under the specified tolerance. The worst worn parts were the lifters and cams but they are not bad :).

But 2 months before I bought one with 120 and it was completly bad. Worn out cylinder walls. Head is completley bad. Big end bearings in pieces.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts