Nissan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guy's i have a 96 Sentra and I need a new engine for it and the trans also is tired. I have asked on this Forum about the possibilities of doing this swap and did not get any positive feed back? I mean lets face it if I have to swap engines and I do really guy's just how hard is it to do this? I have heard that you need a harness but that is only a bit more work?? Whats the real scoop? Should this even be considered or just stick with the 80 pitiful ponies??

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
schoust,

you can do the swap it takes some work but it is very possible for the sr20de , sr20ve , even the gti-r motor sr20det.

items you need are engine harness , axles , tranny , ecu and a few other stuff.

with a lil know how and the FSM and questions and time you can do the swap.

also do some homework and searching on the sr20forum and sr20-forum there are alot of info on there that will provide great help.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm interesting,do you know anyone who has done it and still has the car? This would be the guy to talk to....

·
Registered
430 Posts
believe me man, i'm all for frankenstiening cars...
my favorite movie is mad max. ;] with the Ford Victor he's got in the first two movies.

and i plan on doing a 450sx... (92 240sx w/ a q45 v-8)

but any swap is what you really are getting for you dollar.

if that's the best swap for you, then it is...

here's the thing though...
if there's guys out there that believe the stock KA is better than the SR...
then you might be wasting your money...
know what i mean?

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Anyone have a recipe?? I mean the intructions and the parts list? Yea I want it to be the cheapest way posible so that there will be enough to finish the twins on my Cummins.........

·
Registered
430 Posts
i'd help you out with guessing but i only work on rear wheel cars...
i know the same engines can be dropped in frontwheel but the tranny differences/ driveshaft differences would confuse me until i saw it in person.

·
Registered
430 Posts
just think... get into the project and work your way through..
every problem you come to, you go at it full steam...
first off.. figure out if there's an sr20 front wheel drive... that'll definetly make things easier.
after you get the engine, tranny, harness, ecu.... then you need engine mounts, driveshafts.... that right there is the basics... all the other stuff will fall into place or you'll mod it into place.

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
Anyone have a recipe?? I mean the intructions and the parts list? Yea I want it to be the cheapest way posible so that there will be enough to finish the twins on my Cummins.........
schoust recipe list should be on the forums i listed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts