Nissan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im currently driving a 96 pulsar AUTO cj2 with a g15 DE 1497cc engine and just about every time I drive it after giving it a bit of gas (sometimes happens without accelerating) the revs drop off then pick up then if I leave it the engine stalls, and then randomly it will go back to sitting nicly on 700 idol and when it happens I usually get a quick wiff of carbon monoxide coming in through the engine too.. =[ oh its an AUTO by the way and I was wondering if anyone knew what it could be?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Give us details! Are you going at hwy speed, just stopped, ect. How 'bout the check eng. light? (I'm assuming it's off.) How long between when you start the car and when it acts up? (warmed up or cold)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
oh sorry, um yea it happens regardless of engine temp but yea it will only happen when Im near stopping or stopped with the engine still running. It also dims the lights and the car loses its power steering

·
wont go any faster?
475 Posts
jamie.b said:
oh sorry, um yea it happens regardless of engine temp but yea it will only happen when Im near stopping or stopped with the engine still running. It also dims the lights and the car loses its power steering
well the lights and the power steering stop or get dim due to the engine not spinning the pulleys for each one

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
oh right well it I took the air filter alternator dizzy and battery out and cleaned the most of the piping and it seems to have stopped I just hope it stays that way :S

·
Registered
30 Posts
jamie.b said:
Im currently driving a 96 pulsar AUTO cj2 with a g15 DE 1497cc engine and just about every time I drive it after giving it a bit of gas (sometimes happens without accelerating) the revs drop off then pick up then if I leave it the engine stalls, and then randomly it will go back to sitting nicly on 700 idol and when it happens I usually get a quick wiff of carbon monoxide coming in through the engine too.. =[ oh its an AUTO by the way and I was wondering if anyone knew what it could be?
Hey dude,

Was having a similar problem with my GA15DE, except that it only happened once, and then didn't happen again till it was completly cold again.

When it dims and the light come on + power steering goes = thats your engine 'stalling'.

Anyway...try your IACV and cleaning out your MAF with MAF cleaner (CRC makes some). The MAF sensor seemed to be my problem; give it a try anyway, for ~$10 bucks a can it can't hurt: although with the GA15DE, it seems that the MAF is inside the throttlebody and doesn't seem to be easy to remove (ie have to remove throttle body and then remove it :S ), but spraying in the top in the general direction of the MAF seemed to have helped mine.

With your IACV, just clean out all the carbony/oily stuff with carby cleaner (should be green plastic)

Also try your EGR (engine gas recirulation) valve, it'd probably do with a good clean.

Post it up if that helps mate

1 - 9 of 9 Posts