Nissan Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
81 - 100 of 101 Posts

·
Icy Hot Stunta
2,366 Posts
1.6pete said:
sure! they can enter into any amateur drifting comp it wants! but when they get into the real deal (i.e. D1) they are not allowed only the rwd (pure breads if you will) enter. or if fwd can enter they don't because they know they don't stand a chance. the laws of physics wont allow a fwd car to carry a power slide down a long strait, simple as that.
Its not that FF cars are not allowed in D1, they would not be able to drift well enough to qualify for D1.

Sliding a FF car sideways is not competitive drifting, especialy now at the level that the sport has progressed to.

·
Mofo fo life
2,103 Posts
enough of this thread, and to sum it up:

FF cars do not drift like RWD cars can. The laws of Physics wont allow it. Yes FF cars can slide, but not drift.

FF= momentum drift- where the back end slides out due to excess speed when entering a turn- usually every jumpy and rough. Can be combined with hand braking
FR= real drifting- where a combination of weight shift, braking, and power combine to smoothly transfer to oversteer. Also, steering input can be used to initiate a drift.

** these definitions apply only to tarmac, FF cars can drift on gravel and snow**
* ^^ dont go and try this, im not endorsing it*

·
Registered
7 Posts
you can drift a civic. I had a buddy with an 89 civic dx. The tires that were on the rear of the car were completly slick from sliding. He just adjusted the e-brake to engage sooner, like 4-5 clicks. He just drove the poo out of it in first gear and pulled the rear of the car around. Funny as hell, and noisy. He didn't care about the condition of the car, so if you dont care about yours, it can do circles.

·
Powered By hopes & dreams
8,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
Poisunes said:
you can drift a civic. I had a buddy with an 89 civic dx. The tires that were on the rear of the car were completly slick from sliding. .

You said it yourself, sliding. not drifting.

·
Registered
116 Posts
proof that a ff car can compete

bwoy i tell you, you guys are funny... everything you all say is gospel until you discover something else

if i remember correctly eibachs were the only springs for a b14 now there is no other spring to buy but hyperco's.

and i can't remember seeing one apology in any thread for all the people you all flamed for saying that there were alternatives... *sigh*

well i remember posting sometime back that i saw a civic drifting in a japanese drifting competition and i was called a liar for saying so well here's proof

http://hondatuningmagazine.com/features/0504_ht_drift/

of course i expect the responses to be "he's sliding not drifting...". What the f*ck ever .. the man is competeing and has competed and i saw a video of him competeing and wining in a drift contest in japan.

One of these days i will get you all to admit that you dont know EVERYTHING about cars etc; and while i dont expect this to be that day i can say it feels very GOOD to throw this in your faces ....

p.s. sr20forums rocks :D

·
Registered
116 Posts
Furthermore, i was the recent owner of a supercharged AE101 toyota levin ... (a FF car if y'all dont know) and a friend of mine, nicknamed Super Strut, took me out on the road the night i decided i wanted to sell the car so i could buy a nissan.

he drove my car through a series of S's where the car was completely sideways for the entire time and he did not use the e-brake at any point, he didnt need the e-brake to initiate the drift and he certainly didnt need it to stop or maintain the drift .. all he used was basic feint drift, trail brake and weight transfer techniques .. oh and by the way he did all this while looking me dead in the eye (not looking at the road) and saying over and over again

"Are you sure you want to sell this car for a piece a sh*t nissan?"

**christ i miss that car, why did i sell it? :balls:

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
skets said:
bwoy i tell you, you guys are funny... everything you all say is gospel until you discover something else

if i remember correctly eibachs were the only springs for a b14 now there is no other spring to buy but hyperco's.

and i can't remember seeing one apology in any thread for all the people you all flamed for saying that there were alternatives... *sigh*

well i remember posting sometime back that i saw a civic drifting in a japanese drifting competition and i was called a liar for saying so well here's proof

of course i expect the responses to be "he's sliding not drifting...". What the f*ck ever .. the man is competeing and has competed and i saw a video of him competeing and wining in a drift contest in japan.

One of these days i will get you all to admit that you dont know EVERYTHING about cars etc; and while i dont expect this to be that day i can say it feels very GOOD to throw this in your faces ....

p.s. sr20forums rocks :D

Someone sure has something to prove... Anyway, if SR20 forum rocks so much why are you here, honestly? I see you diggin up old threads just to start crap, don't you have anything better to do?

·
Registered
265 Posts
skets said:
Furthermore, i was the recent owner of a supercharged AE101 toyota levin ... (a FF car if y'all dont know) and a friend of mine, nicknamed Super Strut, took me out on the road the night i decided i wanted to sell the car so i could buy a nissan.

he drove my car through a series of S's where the car was completely sideways for the entire time and he did not use the e-brake at any point, he didnt need the e-brake to initiate the drift and he certainly didnt need it to stop or maintain the drift .. all he used was basic feint drift, trail brake and weight transfer techniques .. oh and by the way he did all this while looking me dead in the eye (not looking at the road) and saying over and over again

"Are you sure you want to sell this car for a piece a sh*t nissan?"

**christ i miss that car, why did i sell it? :balls:
I agree with you, stoped posting on this site and moved to sr20forum because those guys give responses without flaming people for no good reason. They also know more about cars. Ever notice on this site you barely get info, just a do this, don't do that answer. On sr20 they tell you why it won't work, are how well it will perform versuses how badly it will. Info I can actually verify against the laws of physics.

I won't flame nf too much, because they have come in useful from time to time, but far too often I read threads where people ask a ligitimate question and get flamed and when the person apologises and asked why is he getting flamed so hard, some one turns around and tells him because he's an idiot.

any which way, ff cars can drift, even japanese say so. Put like all things in life, some things are better suited than others for the same job.

Final thoughts:

FF cars are poor drifters, but drift none the less and can out drift many rwd cars depending on setup and driver.

FR cars are best at drifting, but if setup poorly will drift worse than a FF car.

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
shift_of_legend said:
I agree with you, stoped posting on this site and moved to sr20forum because those guys give responses without flaming people for no good reason. They also know more about cars. Ever notice on this site you barely get info, just a do this, don't do that answer. On sr20 they tell you why it won't work, are how well it will perform versuses how badly it will. Info I can actually verify against the laws of physics.

I won't flame nf too much, because they have come in useful from time to time, but far too often I read threads where people ask a ligitimate question and get flamed and when the person apologises and asked why is he getting flamed so hard, some one turns around and tells him because he's an idiot.

any which way, ff cars can drift, even japanese say so. Put like all things in life, some things are better suited than others for the same job.

Final thoughts:

FF cars are poor drifters, but drift none the less and can out drift many rwd cars depending on setup and driver.

FR cars are best at drifting, but if setup poorly will drift worse than a FF car.
I'll say the same thing to you.. I have been a member of BOTH forums for years, and honestly only recently has SR become a more open forum. In prior years they were a much more tight knit group and you would be FLAMED straight away for asking silly questions that could be answered yourself. The ONLY reason that forum is getting is the HUGE influx of new people in comparsion to the old school people. What that forum has ALWAYS been like is hardcore people who want to figure things out for themselves and THEN ask questions, with the recent popularity of SE-R's and SR20's a new era is moving in..... Some like it and some hate it.

I also do not like your blanket statement. I have provided you guys with actual real data and useful information in the past not just "do this or do that". SO DO NOT lump me in with the rest of that crap.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Wes I will apologise for 'dragging you in'. What i said was not meant to offend you in particular, however, as you admitted the recent trend has been to flame before even taking the time to read or redirect, which defeats the purpose of a forum.

So, yes i was 'stirring the pot' as you accused me of in the suspension thread but it was for a good reason... i for one have basically stopped coming to nissanforums due in large part to the lack of new or worthwhile info/feedback.
This is not to say the forum is of no use but you guys are scaring away newbies. If you want to have a forum with strickly veterans then start one, make it private and dont tell anyone about it. Or better yet, if you want to inform people but dont want to answer questions, then just release a article or start a thread with the info you want to be dispersed and lock the thread. However, dont make a post in an open/public forum and get upset when people ask questions even if they are dumb questions.

remember also that some people might not catch on to idea's as quickly as you do/did so sometimes you have to go over and over the same point ...

and as always "Say nothing which is of no use"

·
Registered
9 Posts
wrong!!

original:"No, you cannot drift a civc. a drift involves a controlled loss of traction with the rear wheels spinning. a** dragging( FF sliding) is not drifting"

below is the reason why the above statement is wrong:

drifting is a sport that originated in Japan using Front wheel drive cars with handbrakes.So technically RWD cars can't "drift" as they should.

·
Banned
4,309 Posts
J-Dub said:
original:"No, you cannot drift a civc. a drift involves a controlled loss of traction with the rear wheels spinning. a** dragging( FF sliding) is not drifting"

below is the reason why the above statement is wrong:

drifting is a sport that originated in Japan using Front wheel drive cars with handbrakes.So technically RWD cars can't "drift" as they should.
oh jesus christ almighty...................give it a rest dude. civics did not start drifting in any way shape of form. AE86's did along with the 180sx and rx-7's. with a 92 xe....you are not the drifter of tomarrow. dont argue. it is true, FWD can not drift it is over steer. tell me, can you pull a perfect low speed "drift" around a circle for 2 rotations minimume? no.

·
Registered
9 Posts
pete? said:
oh *************...................give it a rest dude. civics did not start drifting in any way shape of form. AE86's did along with the 180sx and rx-7's. with a 92 xe....you are not the drifter of tomarrow. dont argue. it is true, FWD can not drift it is over steer. tell me, can you pull a perfect low speed "drift" around a circle for 2 rotations minimume? no.
I never said civics started drifting, could drift or anything else about civics and if you don't mind a person IS ALLOWED TO DREAM and for your info I have drifted my car going 20mph

·
Banned
4,309 Posts
J-Dub said:
I never said civics started drifting, could drift or anything else about civics and if you don't mind a person IS ALLOWED TO DREAM and for your info I have drifted my car going 20mph
ok what ever. civic sentra i dont care. any FWD car cant drift.

·
Banned
4,309 Posts
skets said:
did u read this?
no really, did u read it? I'm wondering, cause its right there, so did you read it?
your point? just because you can make a car go sideways does not mean you drift it. i can over steer my se-r just fine and dandy but im not a " JDM TIZIAGHT DR1F70R K1NG Y0" can you do stationary doughnut? how about a low speed ass out slolom? can you become sideways from a dead stop? can you? no really, can you do it? I'm wondering, cause its right there, so did you do it?

i still agree you can have your oversteering fun in a FWD car............but stop calling it drifting. drifting in general is annoying. everyone wants to do it and its the reason that nissan is moving into the rice arena.

·
Mofo fo life
2,103 Posts
J-Dub said:
you didnt drift.

all you nubs need to really read this thread. all of it. There is no way a FWD can drift. its not possible. Over-steer is, but not drifting. there is a serious difference between the two.

do a little research. it helps

·
Banned
4,309 Posts
Flying V said:
all you nubs need to really read this thread. all of it. There is no way a FWD can drift. its not possible. Over-steer is, but not drifting. there is a serious difference between the two.
na ah! my se-r is A M4D TYT3 DRIFTZOR AND I AM THE KING!

·
LUCKY SLIDES 2 2/25/06
504 Posts
J-Dub said:
dude stfuYOU CAN NOT DRIFT A GOD DAMN FRONT-WHEEL DRIVE CAR so quit tryin to make a point that doesn't exist. pulling the e-brake=not drifting, forcing a car into a corner at high speeds= not drifting, trail braking=not drifting, see a trend here. you are the reason why i am starting to hate everyone in TN because you fucking people run your god damn mouth all the time but never have any factual proof that shits real. so fuck off and go polish you fucking shiftknob shithead ricer.

81 - 100 of 101 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.