Nissan Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive noticed that some companys selling engine swaps have the tranny with it, and some dont, and i was wondering if my car is a fwd (b14 200 se-r) and i buy a sr20de thats a rwd would that swap into it? because it already has a rwd tranny or would there be any modding needed to make it happen? same goes for the awd, im not trying to go into this deep its just a question that i was wondering (i dont know a whole lot about cars) hahaha a simple yes or no is ok

·
Powered By hopes & dreams
8,328 Posts
negative. RWD engines are strictly RWD.....fwd engines mount differently and the accessories are mounted differently on them than RWD as well.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
chimmike said:
negative. RWD engines are strictly RWD.....fwd engines mount differently and the accessories are mounted differently on them than RWD as well.
ahhh i got ya, thanx lots

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i have a nother quick question, i saw at some place selling engine swap for a BB and it said that the jdm tranny wont fit our usdm cars is that true?

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
i dont think so, but im not a expert normally the awd engine set ups liek the bb or gti-r are advertized as fwd because those are the sr20det engines that can be used in a fwd car, normally if u read the fine print it will say awd tranny included or not

1 - 9 of 9 Posts