Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yup, I got into my Spec V itching to just cruise around midnight (I know you all got those urges... especially boost boy here). Ran into a flock of Honda's swarving in and out of lanes riding each others rear. As I was catching up to them I knew 1 of 2 things will happen: 1)someone will radio in the cops to bust up those retards 2)They'll do something else MORE stupid.

Well number 2 happened tonight. As they cut off a car on the right lane the 2nd one (some old civic) from the front hit the brakes cuz it was going a little too fast and almost hit the head car (some other civic). Thus the third car (a 96+ integra) smacked the second car (some old civic) on the back side bumper! They caused the innocent car (the one getting passed) to get in the wreck also.

I tell ya, those F&F movies are making some kids stupid. And this is one of those stories that proves it.

·
CA18DET Wizard
1,366 Posts
I never understood why these kids like to travel in packs and travel close:( Either they're too weak to ride solo or they need to travel with a car that they know that they can beat (integra) and why is the faster car in the rear. Common sense tells us that the faster car sets the pace, all the ugly ducklings (civics in this case) needs to keep up. I initially would blame it on the integra, but all the little wanna be's are at fault and needs to be sued. They're the ones that give street racing a bad name!

·
CA18DET Wizard
1,366 Posts
Unfortunately, the civic is what keeping most of these aftermarket parts makers in business and keep these kids coming back for more and more. Hail to the Civic then to hell with the civc:cool:

·
Registered
90 Posts
i would be out of a job if it wasnt for civic's and 'teggy"s. i do have one customer that drives a nissan hardbody that wants to talk performance.

·
CA18DET Wizard
1,366 Posts
I think street racing gives street racing a bad name.
Hey man, street racing was here before us and it will be here long after we've served the maggots! I don't care for it that much, but I will go for an adrenaline rush every now and then.

·
Registered
219 Posts
If there was no chance of anyone else being on that road, I'd have no problems with it. The two or more people that decide to race silently agree to take the risks that may come with it. And they are most likely decent drivers who know how to control their cars. However, the soccer mom that is driving her two kids home just 1320 feet up the road didnt agree to anything. As much as I hate soccer moms, they dont deserve it on someone elses account. And if you say it doesnt happen, just check the news.

·
CA18DET Wizard
1,366 Posts
Sell the B16's and B18's then go fuck them up with you SR20 at the strip.
That's easier said than done "Big Dog". The B16s and B18s are track kings (i'll openly admit). Guys whose cars are powered by the SR20 will have something to say about that as well. I think if we spent the money that most of those guys spent on their motors to run those incredible times, we too may just have to strip our interior, discard the airconditioning, power steering, the dasboard, the passenger and rear seats, the compressor, the sunroof and basically Destroy a perfectly good car in the name of acheiving a certain time (at least the wanna be's)? I'll pass on that adventure! Hondas can have that boring 1/4 mile, I'll keep the interstates on lock;)

·
Registered
219 Posts
boost_boy said:
The B16s and B18s are track kings (i'll openly admit).
Bah!

You say that like every Honda owner invests $10,000 in the engine and runs 14's. That is not the case. You state that because those are the obvious ones, while the guy in the Accord with the intake, header, exhaust and a 50 fogger shot is learning to launch.

·
CA18DET Wizard
1,366 Posts
You say that like every Honda owner invests $10,000 in the engine and runs 14's.
No, you're misinterpreting me! My focus is on those guys that spend alot of money on a car that can go fast at the track, but that's all they got. And then to try and drive the thing around town (totally unsafe)? I know of no SE-r's around here that's a real threat (track-wise) to any honda. Most people on this end take it to the highway when it's pretty much quiet and express themselves. Accord racers are another breed that I'm not too familiar with so I can't comment about what they do and especially on a track.

·
Registered
90 Posts
first off mr "wont be beat" i dont have a damn sr20. and secondly i wasnt complaining . i love tuning cars of all makes and models. everyone i know has a honda or mitsu,rx-7,or supra. i have the only nissan in the bunch. i race them (and loose) and i race for them ( i can drive their cars better than they can). i know the potency of a modded b16a and h22. as for the accord i think they deserve a little more action than they have been getting. the 3.0 v6 is a good powerplant. i know my car and i know your engine. so dont come in here trying to start shit with a group of people you dont know. i promise you that can fall to a nissan just as quick as some of us fall to a honda.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts