Nissan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had some fun in the snow tonight. We had about 2 inches of snow last night and it only got up to about 25 degrees (F) today so it didn't melt. Plus our neighborhood is in a "water protection" area meaning they can't salt our streets. Plus, for some reason, our street wasn't ploughed today so it's still nice and snow covered. Anyway, I packed up my two kids and went "rally racing" up and down my street. Well, I actually only got up to about 5 mph, but then I pulled the hand brake and turned the fun wheel to full lock and did a few nice 180 degree slides. Then I had an inspiration. I kept it in 1st gear, pulled the hand brake, turned the fun wheel to full lock and stepped on the fun peddal. Whooo-Heee! I nearly did a 360! I don't know who was having more fun, me or the kids...well, actually I do - I was :D ! The fun had to come to a stop, though. A few of my neighbors started driving by and I didn't want any spoil sports to start calling the police :rolleyes: .

I can't wait untill January when the Boston area chapter of the BMW Car Club of America begins their ice racing time trials (autocross on a frozen lake :cool: )

L8r!

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For those of us who are not metrically inclined or who operate on the farenheit scale, 30cm is about 11.8 inches and 15 deg centigrade is about 59 deg farenheit. (my head hurts from all that figgurin'!:p )

·
Registered
501 Posts
Never snows on Long Island... Its rough...

We're supposed to have 2-4 inches this Thursday but for some reason I know the weather pattern will move and we'll get rain or flurries...

·
Still moderating..sorta
1,324 Posts
Be careful. I hit a curb in my school parking lot and did $240 worth of damage. Plus there is an EXCEEDINGLY high amount of serious stupid kids in my neighbourhood that run into the road without looking. But yeah it is DAMN fun!!

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nah, there's an old hag that lives next door to me who lives alone and the kids that live down the street never go outside. The curbs here have a very low slope too. They can hardly be called a curb actually, more of a border. The only real danger I faced in doing this was running over my own mailbox :p. I did end up parking (sliding) sideways into my own driveway and I had to drive across my yard to straighten out. Overall, I was being very safe about it - I stayed pretty much in front of my own house and kept a constant lookout for any traffic, auto or pedestrian. Now I wish I could find a vacant parking lot somewhere that hasn't been ploughed yet and mark out a little course...hmmmm.

·
Ex-mod/nissan guru
2,136 Posts
i did a super nice donut in my shop parking about 1 week ago real nice equal , the center one was about 2 feet large and the other one maybe 6 to 7 feet was awsome !! :) the snow grips just got the ice melted and got down to the asphalt... strangely they did not grip at it ;)

·
Shift_THIS and ZOOM ZOOM
370 Posts
Yes was also doing that and also hit a curb and bent my rim to shit only 45 buck for a new one, but it's good i had my sled to fall back on though

1 - 9 of 9 Posts