Nissan Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· CA18DET Wizard
2,177 Posts
Eclipses suck, but the engines aren't all that bad. I have a 1993 hyundai elantra and though it's my work car, I've smacked up many civics, nissans, toyotas and anything that wants to play. It has the same motor as the N/A eclipse, but in 1.8 trim. They have excellent torque and hell I've even gotten my P>O<S Elantra up to 140mph (Did I see it's a P<o>S). But I love the 4G motors and I do agree that something must have been mechanically or mentally wrong with that mitsubishi duo. Pretty soon, I'll be building my 1989 Hyundai Excel (4-dr) which I've already dumped more money into building that engine than I 've dumped creating my girlfriend's B12. Maybe a B14 could beat my 2184lb excel, but not an eclipse GS-T. My 30cents worth.......................

· CA18DET Wizard
2,177 Posts
As far as my P>O<S elantra going 140 mph, I could care less to prove it to anyone because driving that car that fast is insane, but then again you don't know me either. It's no worse than driving a b12 4-dr past 170mph; believe it or not! But then again you don't know me. My elantra has jap-spec 4g67 and uses a 1.6 elantra ecu. It runs rich then lean and I love it. It takes me to and from work safely and it's a fun car. But then again you don't know me! I have an 89 hyundai excel that I'm going to drag using a 4g63 (well-built). You may call that stupid and the car ugly, but it's my money, my skills creating the crappy under dogs and hell, I get a fat kick out of smacking up very expensive cars (It's just my personna). So importracer, i'll say this and say it one time only, I don't need to lie (Point blank) and when I post here everything I type is about as real as it gets. The post was about the eclipse kid and I'm merely standing up for the motor, not the car. I'm a sick nissan fan and I think Nissan is the shiznit. But I also think mitsubishi's are [email protected] too as I got a real good testament to that while stationed in Japan. So if your car can't go 140mph that sucks, but my elantra can......(Smell the raunchy exhaust.........Peace>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

· CA18DET Wizard
2,177 Posts
From 1986 to 1996 all of hyundai's power trains were mitsubishi built. The excel shared the same crappy power plant as the dodge colt/mitsubishi mirage, galants and sonata shared the same powerplants and the elantra got smaller versions of the 4G63 (2.0) in 1.6 and 1.8 and even had a 1.6 turbo in the dodge/mirages. The engine in my car is the same as the older eclipses, but in a 1.8ltr. Very smooth with good torque and very reliable. So yes, the ugly cars are Korean made, but the power plants are all mitsubishi. And when Hyunda started making their own power trains, they could afford to put those awesome warranties on their product. Makes sense though because if mitsubishi just made the motor and hyundai corporation is responsible for the warranty, then Hyundai gets screwed with all the crappy mitsubishi engines breaking down and mitsubishi laughs all the way to the bank......

· CA18DET Wizard
2,177 Posts
Mitsubishi engines are just like any other! The only difference between mitsubishi breaking a timing belt and nissan breaking a timing belt is that you can kiss your engine good-bye when you break the belt on a 4g63. But on a nissan you just replace the damaged valves and keep on trucking. They are very reliable and can kick a little butt. Put the turbocharged 4g63 in an elantra and you can fight with an SR20DET powered vehicle. Take that same engine, leave it in the eclipse, give it 20lbs of boost and my CA18DET powered vehicles just literall kick their fat butts all over the highway. Eclipses are too heavy for that engine that's why they added 2 more cylinders to the eclipse power plants..........I like mitsubishi over anyother car company except nissan. You ever heard of mitsubishi's variable timing system? It's called MIVEC and those little engines make luch of the honda stuff. Just an FYI...............

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.