Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Team Serious
2,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do i need to have my ecu upgraded inorder to upgrade my fuel systyem? If so does anyone know where i can find some info on doing a swap with my ecu and a 95-97 ecu(being that jwt doesn't off any type of upgrade for my ecu)?

Also being that I have a sr20 would i need a ecu from a 95-97 se-r
or can i use any 95-97 ecu?

thanks for reading.

·
Registered
87 Posts
what do you mean ....what ecu do you have now???? and what sr20 do oyu have???? the de or the det?? specify please and i might be able to help....

casey

·
Registered
170 Posts
I would assume he has the SR20DE. Your best bet is to call JWT and tell them about your needs and see what they can tell you. They are currently the only ECU upgrade available for our cars, and yes, I do believe that you would have to go with one of their ECU's for a 95-97 SE-R. Goodluck!

·
P.O.S. Truckdriver
2,070 Posts
you shouldn't need to have your ecu reprogrammed just for upgraded injectors and fuel pump. i'm almost positive the 95-97 ecu would work..im not sure what is different in the 98-99 ecu. oh..and you have to use one for a sr20. there is another company that reprograms ecu's..their name is g force. they did a comparison on the jwt and g force ecu on se-r.net and could not find a sizeable difference. some ways g force was slightly better..and others jwt was slightly better. just letting everyone know there is a 2nd option out there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts