Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all,

This is going to be a short question but, is there any way to repair the fuel sending unit in my 2004 Pathfinder SE? Or should I just buy a new one? I'm assuming the reason my fuel gauge is always at full because because of a bad sender and I got the P0462 "Fuel Level Sensor A Circuit Low Input" OBD2 code.

Edit: What's the difference between 25060-2W610 and 25060-1W610 part numbers. 2W is discontinued while 1W isn't. If I do end up buying a new sender, do you think a 1W could fit, work, and replace a 2W?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I’m sure someone will be able to help.

Personally, I’d try and use genuine Nissan parts whenever possible, although I’ve been known to get parts from The NAPA store when I couldn’t afford the real Nissan parts.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forum. I’m sure someone will be able to help.

Personally, I’d try and use genuine Nissan parts whenever possible, although I’ve been known to get parts from The NAPA store when I couldn’t afford the real Nissan parts.
Oh boy, I totally forgot about NAPA.

Thanks for reply.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I just replaced the left and right camshaft position sensors on my girlfriend’s ‘06 Pathy. The Echlin ‘brand’ has a three year 36,000 mile warranty.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just replaced the left and right camshaft position sensors on my girlfriend’s ‘06 Pathy. The Echlin ‘brand’ has a three year 36,000 mile warranty.
I wasn't able to find the oem part number, or any fuel senders

·
Registered
128 Posts
If you can look up the factory service manual for your specific vehicle, you may find it there. I’ve downloaded (for free) the entire manual for my SO’s ‘06 Pathfinder to my iPhone (into iBooks) as a pdf. Then air dropped them to my MacBook and iPad. Easier to read on the MacBook, and can take the iPad outside when working on the Pathfinder. Or you could call a Nissan dealer and ask them.

·
NF Mod/Nissan Master Tech
2006 Pathfinder LE, 2003 Frontier SVE
9,917 Posts
As far as whether is can be repaired, it depends what's wrong with it. You may be able to clean the contact areas with electrical contact cleaner. I would install and ohmmeter and watch the readings as you move the float arm from bottom to top and back and see if it goes blank at any spot and then do it again after you clean it. If you find a broken wire, that can be fixed. If the circuit is broken inside the top of the sender, that can't be fixed. The 25060-2W610 is the correct part number for a 1999-2004 Pathfinder and is discontinued and not available on the aftermarket. I looked up used 2000-2004 Pathfinder fuel senders at Car-part.com and they run around $45 (make sure you get a new O-seal).
The 25060-1W610 fuel sender was used up to 1999 on the Pathfinder and, as you probably already know, is still available from Nissan (about $170, online). 1999 was a split year for the R50 Pathfinder; VIN up to -350000 were different that VIN -350001 and later as they did a mid-year re-fresh. The rear shock location was modified, there were changes to the front end of the vehicle and a number of other things. It was hard to get a good look at the -2W610 sender to compare it to the -1W610 unit, but I did find a couple. It looks to me that the earlier, -1W610 sender has two sensors on it and the later, -2W610 sender, has one sensor. An educated guess would make me think that the sensors are for low-fuel level warning and fuel temperature. You could go look at the wiring diagrams in the appropriate factory service manuals (Nico Club's site has them online and for free) and figure out which one was deleted in the later sender. It appears (keeping in mind I am going by the pictures and do not have them in front of me to compare) that the two senders are, otherwise, the same, although I couldn't get a good look at the harness connections on the top side of both senders, just the one. If that is the case, you could just get the -1W610 sender and remove the sensor not used on the -2W610 sender (or leave it if there are no terminals/wires on the harness connector on the vehicle for that circuit). You can look at the pics for yourself and decide (the top is the -1W610 and the bottom is the -2W610):

1 - 8 of 8 Posts