Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fellas: some info for ya....

In my rebuilding of the fuel system: tank, filler, hoses, vapor valve, fuel pump, retainer plate, bolts, etc, I consulted Courtesy Nissan in texas and they had 2 fuel sending units for the B13. one was for E, XE models and that does not have the low Fuel light mechanism. The one for the GXE, SE, SE-R has the Low fuel light. since I converted to the instrument panel with the Tach, I have the low fuel light. So, the new sender unit I ordered will have the Low fuel light working. Just something to keep in mind if you ever need a new sender.

Chris

·
Registered
485 Posts
Man its amazing where companies will take a few dollars off cost for building cars. I can just see the meeting that they came up with that. Well sine its the cheap model they wont care if they run out of gas... but these buyers should be warned by a light that is useless for 90% of the cars life. Call it a safety feature and charge an extra grand!

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The funny thing is, you have 2 senders and the unit that is with the low fuel light is cheaper than the one that does not have the light???? Courtesy runs the one without for 115.00 and the one I got with the light is 83.00 I think that was the prices. have to check back on those, but its about right. Nissan always did this back then, but now I would think it has changed in light of costs. I bet most of th parts are now interchangable.

Chris

1 - 3 of 3 Posts