Nissan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's my issue with the fuel pump. When the needle on the fuel gauge shows slightly below a quarter, everytime I make turns (left or right - well more on right turns) the pump cuts out (just like the ignition cut off by the speed limiter.) Initially I thought maybe the needle is just wrong and I do actualy need to refuel. so I did, but I only squeezed in a mere 40L (and I do mean squeezed.) So the next time the needle went below the quarter mark, I just continued to drive till when I thought it would be empty (basicaly I drove until the ignition would cut off at the slightest turns.) At that time I filled up just shy of 50L (which is the tank capacity.)

The problem is that I don't want to fill up at 1/4 full and I don't want to put up with the ignition cutt off and all the jerking associated with it. Is there somethig I can do? Upgrade the pump maybe? Is this happening for others as well?

BTW I have 95 200SX SE

·
Cone Dodger
3,093 Posts
how fast of a turn do you make to starve the fuel pump, also, when was the last time you changed the fuel filter, and if it happens when turning, i think there's too much sloshing around the tank, aren't there supposed to be baffles to prevent this?? somebody back me up here.........help this guy out........

1 - 2 of 2 Posts